Chapter 1

He couldn't breath. He felt as if the air around him was closing in on him. He couldn't think straight. He felt the presence of another person in the room but he couldn't pay attention. He heard a voice talking. "Breathe," it said. He tried but he felt that he was underwater. The feeling consumed him and he couldn't get away from it. He hated this.

He had been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder a year before and although he didn't think about it most of the time, he had had a few anxiety attacks.This one was worse than any of the others that came before though, ten times worse. He couldn't think, couldn't move, couldn't do anything but lay there, feeling suffocated and scared. He heard people around him but he could not understand what they were saying.

He felt someone hug him from behind but it barely registered until the other person started rubbing his back. "Breathe," he heard again and this time he was able to. He took a deep breath and slowly calmed down. "Thank you." he said.

"It'll be okay San," Hongjoong said. "It always is."

A/N
Did you guess who it was? I wrote this whole story about a month before Mingi announced his hiatus. I hope you enjoy it! It was therapeutic for me to write because I just started feeling anxiety a year and a half ago and didn't exactly know what to do with it. This story was a way to help me navigate a little bit, the world of anxiety.