Prompt: "Be a building you know well. Talk about your life and memories."

When I was born, I was a large field of grass. I stretched out for miles. I was quiet and at peace. The roosters would crow and the sun tickled me as it kissed the horizon at dawn. It would raise up and conquer the skies. My grass would dance slowly to the sweet breeze that sang it's spring melody. The soil was fresh and firm. Plants would flourish and lift their hands high as their feet were firmly rooted into the ground. This is where life began.

When I was five, I was a large vegetable garden, and I gave birth to the simple pleasures life could bring. My children, my lovely growing trees and vines, bear fruit to tomatoes, oranges, peaches, grapes, and so much more. I fed people, I made them happy and satisfied. I saw the blood flush to the pale skin behind their cheeks, I saw them blush and flourish with content. My heart felt at ease watching my love spread so much.

When I was ten, I was a battle field. This battle, this fierce everlasting war spread across my land like a disease. Soldiers and their strong leather boots stomped all over the grass that spread my love and joy. Bullets flew through the air, and these men polluted my peaceful serenity with gunpowder and bloodshed. My home was battleground, my love was destroyed.

When I was twenty the war went on. It went on... until it suddenly stopped. Snow fell lightly on the grass that was long dead. The snow fell, and the bullets flew until that final gentle crystal flake fell from the sky. They all fell, like knocked over dominoes or a house of cards on a lonely plane. They marched to death's frozen rhythm and harsh tempo. A million troops arrived here, A million empty shells remain.

When I was forty my dead grass was cut and covered by rock, tar, and concrete. There were no dancing plants, no warmth from the rising sun. I bare fruit to nothing but convenience for the savages that stomp on me with their feet, knowing not the damage they do to my heart. I was alone, my children all perished, my home was destroyed, and now I am nothing.

When I was fifty, my concrete was used for leveled support. In my hands I held an establishment known as "The Cat Scratch café". My lungs were filled with the sweet and sickening aroma of coffee beans, beer, and cigarettes. Smooth jazz filled the suffocating air. The soothing saxophone complemented the loud and strong piano, and I found peace watching the pianist tickle the keys. Voices rang high in rejoice as the lonely and bored souls celebrated life itself. All my sorrows would swing away from here, far away into the abyss of regrets.

When I was sixty, Cat Scratch changed. There was no more sweet aroma with coffee beans. There was no more jazz, no more music for my heart to sway to. Pain built up inside me again. The scent was bitter with the smell of cigarettes, booze, and blood. There was no more singing, only moans and screams. Whips would flash, and you could hear the mattresses as they spring in lustful rhythm. It was awful, in my hands I held a sanctuary for sin and desire. But they all lie. They all pretend to find happiness here. But the pleasure can't last forever and it wasn't authentic. They all wanted more, but they simply settled for what they had. They say they are the ones truly living, even though they die inside. They all lie.

When I was one hundred, I finally gave birth to my last child. People, monsters, they took everything from me. They tore everything I ever loved away from my frozen grip. Cat scratch was gone. In fact, I am nothing more than a lonely alleyway. I am nothing, but I at least have you. I gave birth to you, a rose. It was a miracle for you to rise up and spread your arms wide like you have done in the past. You have no sun, no water, no earth, no love. All you had were broken bottles of beer, and lumps of broken concrete. But you grew up here. They may not notice you, but it could be for the best. People destroy everything that's beautiful. You'll stay here in my arms forever. Yes, this is where life began.