Strangers In The Night

Start from the beginning

"I'd say you're just as tired of this as I am." I sighed, sliding my glass over to her.

"Better believe I am." she scoffed, holding it in her hands before taking the sip.

"Between interns, finance, and everything else? Yeah...it sucks." she placed it down.

"...but so incredibly worth it."

I smiled to myself before looking at her "couldn't agree more..."

she bit her lip with that smile that could make any man weak at the knees, her cheeks a beautiful pink....I wanted to reach for her, but knew that to be less than wise.

I cleared my throat before saying "where are your friends?"

"Oh at some karaoke thing they do." She said, pushing her hair over her shoulders.

"Knew you weren't the kind of woman to indulge in such things." I chuckled.

"No im not. but, the perk was, that I was hoping to see you...every moment we can, remember?"

"While I was hoping for somewhere not so publicly..." I darted my eyes about the room, eliciting a giggle from her.

"I'll take what I can." I laughed quietly between us.

Just in time, because Reggie came back over, and we parted ourselves just a little.

"Alright Valentine, what can I get you?" He asked.

"Whiskey neat please, its been a long one." She said.

After Reggie gave V her drink and topped up mine, my last for the night, from the corner of my eye, I saw a man stroll over, and take the seat right next to Valentine.

Valentine

A man sat himself down at the bar and turned towards me as Reggie topped it E's drink and....

"Doctor Valentine, long time no see."

I turned to the man...

and smiled once I saw who it was.

"Johnny Read, aka doctor strangelove." I beamed.

"Hows the most beautiful woman in Boston doing these days?" he smiled that shameful grin of his,

Not too long ago, Ethan and I were on a case for John Read who ended up having Dr Strangelove syndrome. The involuntary movement of-

His hand slapped the bar, and he sighed.

of ones hand...

"...I see you're still a flatterer. I'm doing good. and your hand seems to be doing better than it was."

He nodded and said "It is. Thanks to you. The therapy is helping out quite a bit. I have it mostly under control." He chuckled.

Ethan

John Read?

I'm surprised he's trying his luck again after V very nicely shot him down last time...

AU Chapter 33 - Yours, Mine, Ours

"...I'm kind of seeing someone. Well, trying to at least."

He didn't look to downcast but said "Looks like i'm going to have to fight him for you."

she laughed and said "I'm not too sure he would fight, but I appreciate the sentiment."

"He'd be stupid to not." He smiled.

Now.....

However, one or two things are a little different now.