Strangers In The Night

Ethan

Ethan

I sat at the bar in the warm comforts of Donahues after an exceedling long day, wanting nothing more than to finally be left alone after dealing with gaggles of interns, nurse and frustrating patients...

but of course the company of Reggie is always welcomed.

"You look tired, Ramsey." He said as he came up the bar, cleaning a glass in his hands.

"Hm. seems to be my only look, nowadays."

"Next to pissed off." He chuckled lowly.

I furrowed my brow, and he peered over his sunglasses as if to say 'See?'

I gestured and relaxed, before saying "Yes, that too."

The pure stress of holding a secret relationship with Valerie, balancing work, normal life...

its very, very tiresome.

I sighed and sagged a little, when Reggie said "I think your night is about to get a little better, boss."

I raised a brow and said "How could my night-"

"Reggie! How have you been?"

I sat up straight at the sound of a soft voice, a beautiful voice with an elegant accent...my favourite voice.

I turned in my seat, and with the brightest, warmest smile, she glided over...

"V, it's good to see you. Been holding up just fine." He gave a real genuine smile, one i very rarely see....but with Valerie....it's hard not to smile.

"Very good." She beamed as she took a seat next to me as Reggie continue to serve the few other patrons .

"Dr Valentine." I said inconspicuously, sipping my whiskey.

"Dr Ramsey." She said just as casually.

"Been hiding from me, Rookie?" I side glanced.

"Oh never E...Im just...keeping up appearances, I suppose. A little mystery is fun, don't you think?" she turned to me, angling her body a little.

"Your an enigma, Valerie."

"and I take pride in that. Even you can't figure me out."

I snapped my attention to her looking at her properly for the first time that night...

and it brought an immediate smirk to my lips...

I glanced around behind her, before leaning forward and whispering in her ear "I'm very good at reading people..."

"Then read me, doctor ramsey..." she whispered in my ear, her lips brushing it gently sending a shiver down my spine.

We parted, remembering just where we were, and that's out in public.