The Truth and the Fear

Start from the beginning

"I haven't been in this apartment for years. I just got back, I haven't had the chance to clean up,"

That's a straight up lie. The one thing he searched for when he first got here was that box, and he forgot how many times he opened that desk just to look at their picture. Since when did he become a liar?

"I can live with the fact that I don't marry for love, because I have never felt love. But you have. And shame on you if you ever let that go!" She lectured. "I could tell how you feel for each other just by looking at you together. I was overwhelmed by the heavy untold feelings hanging on the air," she waived at the top of her head.

Logan was completely stunned. Was he that obvious?

Logan looked at the women he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. She's flawless, but why can't he love her like he love Rory Gilmore? Odette would never make him miserable, unsure and lost like Rory did him. But then again, she would never make him happy like Rory did. Hell, he could be happy with just watching Rory drink coffee. 

Something in her eyes encouraged him to talk.

"She hurt me." He heard himself say. Maybe it was the sympathy in her eyes, or maybe it was just time for him to get it out. But he finally got it out of his system, and admitted the very one reason that has stopped him from going after Rory. He's afraid to be hurt again. 

She cupped his face. "We have a saying in France: c'est n'importe quoi..."

Logan raised his eyebrows. "That means 'it's bullshit'!" He said.

"Yes, it does. I may not know much about love, but I do know that it was suppose to hurt. If you don't hurt, you don't love. That is why you could never hurt me, or could I hurt you. Because we don't touch each other's heart that deep,"

This is such an awkward conversation to have with one's fiancee. But Logan sees the truth in her comments. 

"You are with me because we are easy, and comfortable. But what you and her have, is extraordinary. I know you're afraid, but winners are not the ones who quits when things get rough, winners are the ones who face their fears and conquer it,"

"It's just hurt so much, I don't think I can go through that again."

"Then find a way not to! Find out why you both didn't work out the first time, and fix it. You know that so many people search for something like yours but don't find it, right? Don't waste what you have, Logan. Not without a proper fight."

"What if she doesn't want me anymore?"

She caressed his cheek, and he leaned his head in her hand. 

"You will fight, Logan. You give up too easily because you don't trust yourself deserve of something great, you don't know love. You have an abandonment issue, mon cherie. Probably started when you were a child and your parents couldn't show you love you deserved. And you grew up, found love, but she left you. You thought that love is suppose to do that to you, but non! It was just the wrong time wrong place. Try again, you might have it all now..." she assured him.

"How do you know about all these?"

"You don't know I have my degree in Psychology?"

He stayed quiet. Is this a trick question?

"See? You have zero interest in me,"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Odette. You don't deserve this. You've been so amazing,"

"Ssh, mon cherie. I wasn't being amazing. I'm just being logical."

She put her head on his shoulder, and sneaked her hand into his. For a moment there, they just sit there and hold hands. So comfortable and convenient. Logan inhaled the peace and quiet this moment brought. He likes that Odette is so logical, but he also wish that she will find something or someone that will make her excited, and happy, and over the moon. Something that will make color her life.