018 | the gate

Sunday, November 4th, 1984

MIKE AND ELEVEN HUGGED EVERYONE watching the emotional moment. Both of them were crying and he pulled away.

"I never gave up on you, I called you every night for-" he said and she cut him off.

"353 days, I heard," she finished and his smile faded.

"Why didn't you let me know you were OK?" He asked and Hopper sighed, knowing what he had to do.

"Because I wouldnt let her," he said and Mike turned around before Hopper and El hugged, both asking where they had been.

The penny finally dropped and Mike stared at the two.

"You've been hiding her," he said and then Hopper and Mike left to talk alone.

They could hear the yells coming from the other room and then sobs. Dustin and Lucas hugged El and then Bea rushed over.

"I've missed you so much El," Bea said as she hugged her and Eleven hugged her back.

"Me too, I missed girls," she said and Bea laughed before pulling away to stand next to her brother.

"Eleven?" Max asked as she walked over but there was an angry look on Elevens face.

"Hey, I'm Max," she said nervously.

Eleven walked straight past her to Joyce before the two walked over to see Will.

"Its ok Max, shes just not used to other people," Bea said and Max gave her a half-hearted smile.

Thats when they walked over to hear Joyce asking if El could close the gate.

"Yes," El said and thats when they devised a plan. They all crowded around the table, Steve holding Bea's hand as she started to panic.

"I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayers army," Mike started and Lucas sighed.

"Wills the part of that army," he finished and Mike nodded his head.

They all walked to Will's room and Joyce stared at the open window.

"He likes it cold," she said and Hopper looked at her confused.

"Its what Will kept saying to me, he likes it cold," she said and Bea caught on to the idea.

"If this is a virus and Wills the host-" Bea said Jonathan nodded his head, looking at his best friend.

"-We need to make the host inhabitable," Jonathan finished off.

Thats when Jonathan got in the car with Will, ready to drive off.

"You should go with him," Steve said to Nancy and Bea felt very awkward being there.

"I'm not just gonna leave Mike," she said and Steve shook his head.

"No, I may be a pretty shitty boyfriend, but turns out I'm actually a pretty damn good babysitter," he said and Bea smiled at him.