"So how are things with you and Aurora?"she asked, making light conversation.

"Oh great. Same old really,"he smirked.

"How long have you two been together?"

"About two years strong," he said. Athena let out a "wow", before he continued. "Yeah she loves me too much to let me go,"he said jokily.

"You guys are great together,"she smiled.

"Yeah I'd hope so. I mean I haven't been in love with the girl for us to be boring,"he laughed.

They turned into the hallway where the Hufflepuff common room was located, as well as the Hogwarts kitchens, which thanks to Fred and George, Athena knew the location.

"What about you and Cedric? Things going well?"he asked.

"Oh um—we aren't actually together,"she replied awkwardly.

"Oh sorry. I just assumed..."

"No, well, we're just friends at the moment,"she said feeling slightly resentful.

"Well between you and me, I think you'd be a good match,"he said. Athena's cheeks warmed at his words.

"I mean, I know you'd be lucky to have Ced. He's a great guy and from what I've heard, he knows how to treat his ladies," he winked. "And well, from what I know about you so far, he'd be lucky to have you too."

"Well that's nice of you,"she smiled, feeling slightly flustered at the comment he made when winking.

They reached the Hufflepuff common room a few moments later but there was no sign of Cedric outside yet. Athena and Isaac stood waiting for a little while longer.

"Did none of your mates feel up to coming?"he asked.

"No, unfortunately,"she replied, awaiting the questions about the famous Harry Potter.

"Shame. For' will be disappointed. He was looking forward to seeing Granger,"he chuckled.

"Forester likes Hermione?"Athena asked, astounded.

"Well lets just say, he admires her brains, and probably her looks too,"he sniggered.

Before she could form a reply, the common room entrance opened and out walked Cedric. He smiled at Athena when he saw her and patted Isaac on the back, who had already entered.

"I'm glad you came,"he smiled.

They entered the common room after Isaac and she was taken aback by her surroundings. They were walking on an earthy passage which sloped upwards to a low ceilinged room. The room was decorated in the Hufflepuff colours, yellow and black, creating a cheerful aesthetic. The tables were made from a honey-coloured wood, with plant pots and flowers on top.

As she scanned the room, she realised that their were plants everywhere such as cacti on shelves, fern tendrils and ivies hanging from the ceiling. Above the mantelpiece, hung on the wall was a portrait of the one and only Helga Hufflepuff. The round windows dotted on the walls had yellow curtains hung over them to cover the room from the night.

They headed over to a crowd of sofa chairs by the far left of the room, where Aurora, Elias and Forester were already seated.

Aurora leapt out of her seat to greet Isaac, when he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her onto his lap, collapsing onto the sofa chair she had been sat on. He then kissed her, which made Athena feel envious of their perfect relationship.

"Athena! How are you?"Forester asked enthusiastically, while holding a bottle of firewhiskey. "It's good to see you again."

"You too. I'm good thanks,"she smiled while sitting in the chair between Cedric and Elias.