Chapter 39: Back at Hogwarts, Again

After a long night with Diane, they woke up to bid her goodbye as she would be returning to France that day, the goodbye was awkward to say the least not between Y/N and her but between her and Hermione, they had a sort of back and forth going on about how glad she was that Diane was leaving, it didn't bother at all since for some reason dad said i would see her very soon.

"God I'm glad that minx is gone, she was driving me insane" Y/N heard Ginny say inside her room, "I mean she wasn't all that bad" said Hermione, "Oh Come on Mione, you cant tell me you don't wish she never met Y/N"

"Nope, not one bit, I broke up with him and I stand by that decision, maybe we just started too fast" said Hermione, she was right, Y/N felt they sort of did rush head first into things, he left them alone with their gossiping and made his way to David, He had some questions about the Mark and who could have summoned it, and well since he's really into that sort of stuff who better to ask.

"Hey dad? Can we talk?" He said sitting down next to him. "Yeah of course"

"Have you caught anyone yet, to do with the dark mark I mean" he sighed, "No, just some accusations being thrown around, your name was even tossed around at some point but it died down, we have our suspicions, such as Sirius and some other known followers of Riddle but no leads" he said, "Why?"

"Nothing its just- Do you think he'll come back? You know try and finish the job?"

He took a deep breath before answering his question, "It wont matter, If he does, I will do everything in my power to keep both you and Harry safe, if its the last thing I do" he said, Y/N knew he couldn't possibly protect him from that monster for long but something about hearing him say it made him feel safe.

"Thanks Dad" He said, hugging him. They stayed there, talking, for a bit before he went back to work.

The rest of the day they spent it packing, well the rest did, since all Y/N's clothes were packed already he just decided to have some coffee with Mrs Weasley.

After they were all packed they left in the car which only sits nine people comfortably, which meant someone had to sit on someone's lap.......just his luck.

Hermione spent the rest of the 2 hour drive sat on Y/N's lap while He was getting my tenderness squashed with every bump they took, and Arthur Weasley isn't exactly the best at avoiding those.

The ride was completely uncomfortable for both him and her since every now and then there would be something between them, as well as the fact that she was sitting on her ex's lap, Y/N really wished Voldemort had killed him so He didn't have to suffer with the awkwardness of the situation.

"So.....how was your summer" He asked her to try and relieve some tension but it didn't work as all he got from her was a stare. "Wow really? That's very nice, did you get any pictures of the place?" And again another stare, "Oh well that's a shame, good talk though".

After finally getting out the car Y/N's misfortune just kept getting worse, it was pouring outside and of course like the idiot He is he was wearing a white shirt....in front of hormonal teenage girls.

The next twenty minutes between walking from the car to the station were filled with giggling as they passed by him while most parents stared at me with disgust....well mostly the father's the mothers also giggled.

"I'll be seeing you guys sooner than you think" said Charlie.

"What do you mean?" Said Ron

"I think he means we'll see him sooner than we think" Y/n said

"I can't tell you, just don't tell percy I mentioned any of this"

"Okay" said Ron as he got on the train, The rest of then followed and sat on a compartment together, this time thankfully Hermione didn't sit on his lap, she sat in front of him, the whole ride was filled with talks about the attack and how the world cup went, a lot of people except some slytherins congratulated Y/N for the win, Pansy also congratulated him surprisingly.