Chapter 86: Back To His Roots

December 20th Its been 3 months now, since I fell from that cliff, I've made a habit of writing now, guess it's better than keeping my thoughts to myself. Arthur has had me running errands into town lately, Forgot how fun driving is, Tommy got himself a job as a shopkeeper, means i get five hours without him five days a week, and Selena, well she's been great, she's helped me with some stuff, mental stuff, she's been like a shrink to me the past few months, she's a sweet girl, when she wants to be that is. I've been thinking that I should keep moving, lately I've had a calling towards Godric's Hollow. Kind of Ironic, everything that made me special came from that place, The mighty Gryffindor Blood and of course THAT night, I don't know why but lately I've felt it calling me, might just be me finally going crazy but who knows, maybe Godric is still in there trying to help me. Anyways, that's it from me I've got to run into town and buy some stuff I might need.

Y/N put down his journal on his bedside table and went to talk to Arthur who was outside feeding the horses, the cold winter air hitting hid face making his nose and cheeks turn red, his hair caught the small snowflakes which melted leaving his hair a wet mess.

Music emanated from Arthurs small radio in the stables, the soft Christmas music giving a nostalgic feeling to Y/N.

Y/N knocked on the stable door announcing himself to Arthur, "Hey Arthur I'm heading to town, you guys need anything?" he asked.

"Not that I can think of son, but why don't you take Selena with you just in case, she probably has a shopping list ready" said Arthur.

"Alright for sure" said Y/N walking back towards the house and into the living room where Selena was sitting watching an episode of Friends, "Hey Im doing a shopping run, you wanna come with?" asked Y/N.

Selena Immediately got up, "Of course, let me just get my jumper and boots, you go warm up the truck"

Y/N grabbed the keys tossing them up and catching them on his way to the truck, he rubbed his hands inside the truck to keep himself warm until the truck warmed up. Selena came outside with a small bag and a notepad trying to keep it from getting wet.

"Jesus its cold" said Selena closing the door on the truck also rubbing her hands, her hat covered with snowflakes, her black boots now printed like a Dalmatian.

"So what are we buying?" asked Y/N as he drove off the farm, Selena looked through her pockets and pulled a small piece of paper with small, but pretty handwriting, "We need some groceries, Tom needs a new hat, dat needs some tools and then we can just pick up his meds on the way back." she said with a cheerful tone, "And you?" she asked him, smile plastered on her face.

"Just some supplies for my bag, Just In case" said Y/N, keeping his eyes on the small road. The Christmas Song lightly emanated from the old trucks speakers, making a slightly anxious Selena tap her feet to the rhythm, "So are you leaving?" Selena asked.

"I don't know, probably, I've been thinking of going to Godric's Hollow, me and that place have some history, maybe I can find something there" he said as the small town began emerging from the small hill.

"Is it far?" she asked him as she put on her hat once again and got off the truck, "Yeah, probably a 2-4 day hike, If I don't stop" said Y/N getting of the truck also.

Selena took his arm as they walked on the path, something she had started doing every time they visited town, "Will you come visit? After your war is over?"

"I'll try, I owe a great debt to your family, if it wasn't for you...I would probably be dead" said Y/N opening the door of a small shop for Selena.

"You better Visit, I need to meet this Girlfriend of yours"