prologue

Once upon a time, long, long ago,

well, more like 20 years ago.
Belle married her beast and instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected king of the United States of Auradon.

He rounded up all the villain and sidekicks and booted them off to the Isle of Lost with a magical barrier to keep them there.

Meanwhile, in a different universe, my father Rumplestiltskin and I were trying to find a way to get my brother Baelfire back. We lost him when he jumped through a portal in an attempt to escape to a realm without magic.

Both of us made the mistake of not following him there and now we are trying everything we possibly can to find him.

Papa put a spell on a necklace, that spell was supposed to create a portal and get us to the realm my brother was in, but it didn't work and instead we ended up in a whole different universe.

The dark one being himself did some bad things, and got both of us banished to the Isle.

No magic,
no Baelfire,
no way out...
Or so I thought.

"Mom, dad," prince Ben said, "I've chosen my first official proclamation... I've decided that the children of the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon."

Belle dropped the cloak she was holding and both the king and queens mouths fell open in surprise.

"Every time I look out to the island I feel like they've been abandoned." The prince continued.

Belle looked at her husband while he spoke "The children of our sworn enemies? living among us?" The king said in surprise.

"We start out with a few at first, only ones who need our help most." Ben said, "I've already chosen them."

"Have you?" The king said angrily "I gave you a second chance." The queen placed her hand on her husband's shoulder "Who are their parents?" She asked her son.

"Cruella de Vil,"

"Jafar,"

"Evil Queen,"

With every name the parents looked more worried. Their son took a deep breath before announcing the last two.

"Maleficent an-"

"Maleficent!" The king shouted, "She is the worst villain in the land!"

The prince bit his lip "And the dark one."

"We don't even know where that imp came from Ben, he might be even more dangerous than we think!" The king yelled at his son "That's exactly why we need to take his daughter away from him and show her how to be good!" The son replied desperately "Come on dad you know how people can change."

"No, I won't hear of it, these villains are guilty of unspeakable crimes." The king sounded angry and some servants slowly escaped the room.

"Dad, their children are innocent." Ben protested "Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?"

The king calmed down and looked at his wife who gave him a reassuring look "I suppose the children are innocent." He said and left the
room, not sure if the right decision had been made.