Reconstruction and Reflexes

Mulai dari awal

“Zayn-” Liam attempts to calm him, placing his hand on his shoulder.
Zayn pulls away swiftly
“-Don‘t fucking touch me” he grits, stalking outside to the van.
I am left with damage control.
The rest of the boys take one glance at me, before picking up their suitcases and leaving.
I watch them leave for a couple of seconds, right before my phone vibrates in my pocket.
I whip it out and read the called I.D- Harry.
“Harry?” I answer, my voice shaking.
“Kitten!” he responds, all too cheerily.
“Kitten?”
“New nick name for you”
I debate with myself to call for the boys, but i decide better.
“Where the HELL are-?!”
“meet me at the airport” he cuts me off, and I take a moment to reevaluate myself.
“what?”
“Just get to the airport, don‘t tell the boys where you’re going, just leave.. I’ll meet you there”
“I don’t have any money-”
“You’ll figure something out”

I reach down and unzip my case, tossing a few papers out of the way until i located a thick, white envelope.
I rip it open, it was the last of my two hundred dollars.
“Jesus Christ Harry!” i yell “-Are you fucking CRAZY?, i can’t go to Venice!”
“I’ll meet you at the airport, just hurry”.
The phone cuts off, and I am left with a lonely beeping tone.
So let me get this straight. Harry is going to Venice, and he wants me to go with him?.
this is deja vu all over again.
I click the ‘end call’ button and debate with myself again.
Venice with Harry.
Venice.=
Harry.

~

I didn’t respond to myself. Couldn’t speak at all. Couldn’t look at my self-mutilation, Not even the clean, bandaged version of it.
I couldn’t take in my surroundings, enveloped in white and green. Crackling sheets smelling of hand sanitizer and dry blood. The sound of metal on metal as the doctor entered, sitting beside my bed and unwrapping my hand.
The cut was still gaping. Wide and large. Inside was multiple lumps of fat and blood, gruesome. I look away, staring at the window directly in front of me. There was a boy, a boy with curly hair and a white half-ripped bloody shirt. The boy puts his hand onto the glass.
I feel something pierce my skin.
I look back over to my mutilation, the doctor was sewing me up. That was supposed to be my job.
The boy knocks on the glass, and i turn to him again, he waves.
I tilt my head.
the boy is trying to distract me from the pain.
i suddenly recognize the boy, it was the beautiful one. I smile and wave with my free hand.
The beautiful boy breaths on the glass, creating a thick layer of heat. He draws a heart in the condensation.
My arm is burning, but that doesn’t compete with the heavy feeling in my chest.
The doctor bandages my arm back up, and the beautiful boy is allowed to see me. He leaves from behind the glass and enters my room.
“hey Astrid” he says, taking a seat beside me. “-how are you feeling?”
“ditzy” I respond, laying my head back onto the pillow. “-very very ditzy”
He looked like he was trying to hold his composure. Like there was something inside him dying to get out. I blink a few times, maybe I’m just seeing things.
“..Harry, are you okay?” i ask him, moving my hand on top of his and squeezing gently.
Harry bites his lip.
I know what he looks like when he needs to say something.
before i could take another breath, he falls to the bed, shaking in tears.
“-i don’t want to loose you, for god’s sake!” he cries “-I didn’t know what i was without you, these six months, they’ve been more than i can ever wish for... I didn’t know how alone i was until the first night i spent without you in my bed. You’re the one thing I've got right. You’re what I’ve been waiting for, Astrid, and when i saw you on out kitchen floor, I just...” he takes a shaky breath in  “...I just didn’t know what to do or how to respond. You could have died, Astrid, i don’t think you realize how much you scared me, I-”
I bring my damaged hand up and place it gently on his cheek, hushing him softly. He holds my hand there, his tears were saturating my hand.
“You know how much i love you, and you know that I’d never, ever do something like that on purpose, I didn’t mean to scare you Harry”
Harry nods into my hand.
“I love you” he whispers, kissing my palm, and then my sliced wrist.
“I love you too” I whisper back, kissing him directly on his soft, warm lips.

~

I feel myself smile.
It was then that i realized what i wanted to do.

~

In the middle of the hotel lobby, i unpacked my things.
I pulled out every piece of clothing i had, tossing it aside or in the bin.
I grab my small shoulder carry bag, shoving in the only things i need; A white chiffon shirt, a pair of shorts, a couple of hair ties, sandals, and the last of my two hundred dollars.
The rest is thrown in the bin.

I wanted a fresh start, a new beginning.
I whip my bag over my shoulder and hurrily stride out of the reception. The boys were waiting at the van.
This is when i made a terrible decision.
I decide not to tell the boys where i was going, i just strode over to the nearest Taxi, hailing it and hopping in. I hurled my bag across the seat and my phone tumbled out. I pick it up.
“Nearest airport, please” i say, quite casually.
I dial Louis’ number once the Taxi edges away from the curb, we were stuck in traffic.
It only rings a few times before he picks up
“Astrid, love?, we’re out at the car, where are you?”
“I’ll see you guys soon” I murmur
“What?, Astrid, where are you?”
“i’m, i’m...i’m uh, in a Taxi”
“where?”
“I can’t tell you that, Lou”
“Where are you going?”
“I can’t tell you that, either.. Anyway” i breath out “-I know where Harry is, i’m going to meet him, i’ll call you once we’re together, but... you know, just... just don’t get too freaked out”
there was a sound from the opposite end of the phone, like wind hitting the microphone hard.
I look back out of the window to where the boys were, they were panicking. Looking around anxiously for me.
I duck my head lower in the seat.
Thank bloody god there were like hundreds of taxi’s leaving the station.
i bring my phone back up to my ear.
“Astrid?” Louis breaths softly “-which taxi are you in?”
i breath back at his same pace.
“-I’m sorry” i say “-I can’t tell you that”.
I press the end call button before he could say anything else.
“You all right Little Lady?” the driver asks me, looking into his rearview mirror. He had old crinkled eyes and saggy skin, he was covered in age spots and sun spots.
“Yeah” i sigh “-I hope so”.

~

I fucking hate Taxi’s. Have I ever told you that?, I fucking hate them. They smell terrible and everybody obviously over-exaggerates when they say it ‘didn’t cost too much’. Already, I’m up 56 dollars and most likely my silver matte Calvin Klein watch. I’ve always loved this watch.
“We’re here Lass” the driver says, and I nod my head, handing the old man 56 dollars. He nods back.
People don’t want to know your life story. We only ask people how their weekend was because we want to tell them about our own.
the airport was busy, filled with hustling people with laptop cases and suits. Here I am with my short-shorts-and-chiffon-top drawstring bag. I silently applaud myself for style credit.
The thing is, I don’t know exactly where I am for where I am going. I know that I’m looking for Harry, but where am I looking for Harry?.
I stride forward a few times, heading towards a small airport shop. At least i’ll look like I’m doing something.
A young white-blonde hair’d girl in a cheap airport shop is the look I’m aiming for.
I still don’t know what i’m doing here.
I am flipping through a pile of cheap 5 dollar purses when somebody taps my shoulder.
“Oh look who decided to show up” the soft, raspy voice comes from behind me. I do not turn around, I already know who it is.
“Didn’t you expect me?” I laugh sarcastically
“I thought you’d completely ditch me for those idiotic friends of mine” he laughs back “-that’s my Astrid, filled with surprises”
Like a pinata, Harry. Go on, hit me harder, maybe i’ll surprise you even more.
I finally turn, facing his chest. This boy was so damn tall.
I could already smell the lavender.
He smiles down at me, and I roll my eyes.

“Alright” I breath and hold my hand out “-Give me my ticket”
He reaches into his jeans’ pocket, fishing around for my request.
Finally, he pulls out a small envelope.
Harry hesitates
“but wait” he smiles, mischievously “-there’s one condition”.