Chapter 21: Glace

Start from the beginning

Russia felt that Canada could understand if Russia talked about things, private things or things he couldn't even talk to Ukraine about. It sounded crazy when he thought about it but he thought he was actually starting to like and even care about that boy, but, that couldn't be right, not at all, not for him....Right?

Russia shook his head at the thought, that was impossible, he wouldn't care about anything, especially Canada. Russia put the book back under his pillow, he didn't want anyone to know he took an interest, and went to peek on the Canadian, it was almost dinner time and he wanted to see if he was okay. He knocked on the door before entering like always, "Matvey? Are you in there?" Silence. "Matvey?" He tried to open the door a bit but the door wouldn't budge, it wasn't locked either, something was blocking it.

Russia put more effort into it and started to open the door. He opened it a crack and managed to get in. The room looked empty, but then he heard a moan. He looked down to see the Canadian sitting against the door with his eyes closed. "Matvey?" Russia asked, this was strange. He bent down to the boy and shook his shoulder a bit. "Matvey?" Still no answer from the boy, not even a moan. He shook him again, something wasn't right, Canada was pale. "Matvey? Matthew!" He yelled and the boy jumped awake.

"Ne me blesse pas à nouveau!" Canada squealed and breathed heavy.

"M-Matvey? Are you alright?" Russia asked. Canada shook his head and caught his breath.

"Y-Yeah."

"Did you fall asleep here?"

"I-I guess I did." Canada rubbed his eyes a bit. "What time is it?"

"About five. Are you sure you're alright?"

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." Canada started to get up, almost falling back down because he wasn't fully awake, and Russia ended up bringing the Canadian to his feet. Canada stretched a bit, the floor and wall were not comfortable at all. "So um. Did I miss anything?"

"Food." Kumajirou peeked in. The two nations looked at the bear. "Hungry." Canada gave a little smile and picked up the bear.

"Then I guess I should feed you huh?" Canada said. Kumajirou gave a big nod. "Alright. Eatin' time."

"Do you want me to make dinner?" Russia offered.

"Mattie! Russia!" America called before running in.

"W-What?" Canada blinked.

"I thought of an idea! Can we go sledding? !" America smiled wide.

"It's pretty late Al."

"Night sledding!" America laughed. "It ain't dark yet either! Come onnn. I saw this huge hill just a block away." Canada looked toward Russia.

"You up for it?" He asked. Russia wasn't really up to sledding, he wasn't a fan of it, it was for children. But, he agreed and gave a nod. "Okay Al. We'll go-but did England agree?"

"Yup and I already got England all dressed for the snow too~"

"What did you do to him?" Russia asked.

"Let's just say he can't really move with all the fluffy jackets and crap I put on him."

"Oh poor England." Canada noted.

Canada gave Kumajirou a few seal rolls before getting dressed up for the snow, it snowed over night and it was very cold outside. Canada usually loved the snow but since Winter was around, the snow only make him shiver with cold and fear. But he got a jacket on, a knit had and gloves before joining the others. England had got out of America's ridiculous snow suit and simply put a jacket on, a heavy one too; the poor Brit wasn't used to all the snow and cold. Russia has a black jacket that looked like the one he usually had on, along with his scarf like always. America put on a sweatshirt and a coat, clearly not caring if he got cold or not.