"Good morning, Sunshine." JJ greeted, walking into the living room and seeing that she was awake. "Sleep well?"

"Morning." Scarlett greeted back, her face frowning in confusion. "How long have you been here? And secondly, how the hell did you get in?"

"Front door was open." JJ shrugged, walking into the kitchen and putting two plates of egg and bacon on the table. "I thought something had happened. Seems like I was right." He turned around, eyes fixed on her hand. "What the fuck happened last night?"

Scarlett stood up, straightening out her clothes. "I came home, started making some dinner and he began accusing me of stealing his money."

"Here's a suggestion," JJ said, sitting at the table and leaning his head on his hand. "Maybe just don't ever come back home. Leave this place, for good."

Scarlett sat opposite him, picking up her fork. "Where would I go? Big John isn't here to be my second father, so I can't exactly seek shelter at JB's."

"What about Kie?" JJ asked between mouthfuls on breakfast. "You could move in with her. I mean, Maisie has basically moved in there already."

She shook her head. "I couldn't take up their space like that."

"Lottie, you need to get out of here." JJ said, his voice serious. "If not, one of these days he might actually kill you. You need to leave before it's too late."

She shook her head. "All that matters is that Maisie is safe." She pushed back her chair and stood up. "Thanks for the food, JJ." She turned around walking towards her room to get changed.

"It matters if you're safe, too." JJ muttered, watching her walk away.

❤❤❤

After changing into a pair of ripped jeans and a crop-top, Scarlett followed JJ across the grass to John B's house. Taped to the front porch was a Summons notice from the DCS. "Wow, they really are serious." Scarlett whispered, her fingers gliding over the words.

"Yeah." JJ hummed. "Watch this." He banged his hand against the door and yelled in a deep voice. "DCS! I know you're in there!"

Scarlett hit him in the arm. "Why the hell would you do that?" She whisper-yelled at him.

"Because it's funny." He shrugged. He jumped against the widow, slamming his body weight against it.

"Whoa!" John B yelled, sitting up on the couch completely startled.

"Gotcha, slick." JJ laughed. "You should have seen your face. Your face was like..." He trailed off, unable to speak through his laughter.

Scarlett rolled her eyes, pushing the front door open. "I don't know how I've survive around you two for this long." She mumbled. "I'm sorry that you had to wake up to a heart attack on this beautiful morning." She said to John B, running her hand through her hair. "He broke into my house this morning so it was your turn for the heart attack."

"Fair enough." John B's eyes landed on her bandaged hand. "Did your dad do that to you?" He asked, looking at her concerned.

"Does it matter if he did?" Scarlett shrugged. "I'd rather it be me than Maisie." She walked into the kitchen, beginning to make herself a cup of tea.

"And I'd rather it be neither of you." He looked over to JJ who walked through the front door. "Back me up here, man."

"What?" JJ asked, clueless as he hadn't been paying attention. "Oh, yeah. It shouldn't happen to either of you."

"Move in here for a bit." John B suggested.

"Your ass is going to foster care soon, if you're not careful." Scarlett told him as she poured the water into the cup. "I'm not getting myself involved with the DCS. No thankyou." She shook her head. She put the teabag into the hot water and leant her back against the counter as she let it sit for a moment.