- Chapter 4 ~ Taken -

And so the story continues. 
Good Luck, Readers.
-Olo Eopia03

-------------------------------

- Chapter 4 ~ Taken -

-------------------------------

The two Pegasi landed gently and silently on the ground - in front of the woods that stood mysteriously around them. The first rider who got off the saddle - a boy wearing an emerald-colored jacket - fingered the bow that was strapped across his back along with a sheath of different colored arrows.

He felt that he might be needing it soon, but for whatever reason it was, he did not have the slightest clue.

He looked over to the smaller girl, who was stroking the winged-horse's mane.

"We're here now, Elli. San Diego." The boy said. He unstrapped the bow, holding it loosely in his left hand. His right hand rested securely over his jeans pocket. He patted it softly, then sighed, waiting.

Sometimes that girl really loved to take her time with these creatures.

Elli lightly stepped off the Pegasus, murmuring, "You both head on back to New York now, okay?" She smiled and laughed softly as the winged horse lightly nickered. She turned to the brown one the boy had been riding on, "Cashew, don't worry about us. We can head back ourselves. It was too much to bring a third Pegasus with us."

The horse nodded, as if understanding the girl.

With a neigh, the winged-horse sped off, its companion following swiftly behind it. The boy walked over to her.

"We need to head to a store to get new clothes in case something happens," He said, "Got the bag?"

The girl looked slightly offended, but then smiled brightly in return.

"What are you talking about, Allen? Of course I do!" Elli took out a small black stone from her back pocket and tossed it to him.

In mid-air, the ebony colored pebble transformed into a nice, orange messenger bag. Catching it, Allen perfunctorily rummaged through its contents, and then closed it again. The pack once again transformed into the same round pebble as before.

Putting it into his own back pocket, the boy walked pass the girl quickly, so that she had to jog lightly to catch up.

"Don't be so impatient, Allen, we'll find whoever the gods are looking for," Elli continued. "It can't be that hard bringing that person back."

Allen sighed.

"I hope you're right, Elli."

[xxx]

The girl huddled against the wall tiredly lifted her head off her arms, which had been wrapped around her knees. Her long, auburn hair sparkled with water droplets that had been there the whole night. Her jacket, pants, and socks were just as soaked. Shivering violently, Kalley stiffly got up and rubbed her blurry eyes.

She decided to walk.

The weather seemed just right today. The wind was starting to pick up, turning into a brilliant, warm breeze. The water on the cement was just beginning to dry up and the sun was just starting to blossom out of the clouds, creating nice tint of purple shade that painted the sky.

Yawning, she looked at the brick buildings and houses that lined the sidewalk.

Kalley just realized that she'd been living in a dirty neighborhood for as long as she could remember. There was graffiti everywhere. The numerous clumps of chewing gum that had been stuck on the ground and walls were already black and rock hard. Sometimes, if you were very unlucky, you could bump into dangerous gangs that you wouldn't want to mess with, especially when they're drunk.