38 - Coronation Day

Start from the beginning

Xiu Ying squinted. He didn't believe it was nothing. Zhang Wei usually clings to him and his mind always focusing on him. But now, something distracting him. It must be something important.

Looking at Xiu Ying's eyes, Zhang Wei knows his love didn't buy his words. But what can he say?!

He's too conscious of Xiu Ying. When Xiu Ying smiles at him, his heart goes wild. When Xiu Ying called his name with his sweet voice, it makes his mind goes blank. When Xiu Ying hugs him and snuggles on his chest, his little brother waking up even if it's in the middle of the day.

If it's not because he treasures Xiu Ying like his own life and doesn't want to hurt him, Xiu Ying already carries his child at this time.

Zhang Wei fakes a cough. "Ying-er... You do know that I love you so much?"

Xiu Ying blushes. He nods.

He holds both Xiu Ying's hands. "I only need you in my life and not others. So... would you be my empress? Stay by my side for your life. Would you?"

Xiu Ying bites his lips. He looked down, thinking hard. Zhang Wei waits for the answer patiently.

After a minute of deep thinking, Xiu Ying lifts his head and a beautiful smile on his face. He nods repeatedly.

"Can you say it? I want to hear you say it." Zhang Wei demanded.

Xiu Ying's lips curved. "Alright. I'll be your empress. I'll stay by your side, not just in this lifetime but also in other lifetimes."

In a blink of eyes, Xiu Ying has been pulled onto Zhang Wei's laps. They look into each other's eyes. Xiu Ying takes the initiative to lower down his head until his lips meet the other lips.

The soft kisses slowly turn passionate. Breathe getting heavier. Xiu Ying gasps when a hand kneading his butt cheeks. Tongues tangling and battling for dominance but in the end, the winner is always the emperor.

Xiu Ying clenching on the emperor's robe. He's out of breath. His lips starting to feel numb. It's been a few minutes but the emperor had no intention of stopping.

Xiu Ying keeps tapping on Zhang Wei's shoulder only then the lusty man slowed down and stopped the kiss. He buried his nose on Xiu Ying's neck, inhaling his scent.

He quickly changed the topic to distract his mind. "Hmm... about the date for the coronation day, I'll ask for your father's opinion but I suggest in one or two weeks."

Xiu Ying tilts his head, "That soon?"

Zhang Wei pinches his cheek. "Up to me, I want to do it tomorrow but there are so many things that need to be prepared and I want to make it a proper and a grand one. I want to tell the whole world you're my empress."

Xiu Ying blushes. "Hmm. Then I just follow whatever you and father decide."

......

Two weeks had past and all preparation is done. Zhang Wei and Lord Li Shizen decided to hold the coronation in two weeks. Zhang Wei wanted to do it in one week but after the fortune-teller told them that the most proper and propitious date to hold the coronation according to the astrological book is in two weeks, Zhang Wei can only agree. He also doesn't want anything to happen on the important day.

The news of Xiu Ying's coronation as the empress are being accepted with an open heart by all citizen. They knew how humble and kind Li's family is. Lord Li and Madam Feng are well-known for their generous heart, helping those who were in need.

Most people also had met the 'new' Xiu Ying. The beautiful ger that his beauty is unbeatable and also his graceful manner and wide knowledge in medicine. Having a smart empress will be a big benefit to the whole nation.