Side Story III: Huang Fei Hong x Jing Yi

[The side story started from Chapter 4]

Huang Fei Hong's POV

I was called by my best friend, the emperor of Wu Empire, Wu Zhang Wei together with the Prime Minister, Li Shizen to have a small discussion inside the imperial study room. I know the emperor has trust issues towards Royal Court members. Not all of them are rotten but it is hard to know the sincere ones.

That is why, besides morning court, the meeting or discussion will be held in the imperial study with only three members. The Emperor, Prime Minister and me.

When the meeting ends, the emperor suddenly mentioned his concubine, Li Xiu Ying, to the Prime Minister. I can't believe he really dares to ask about his well-being when he didn't even visit the concubine when the concubine was in a comatose state after being poisoned. 

The evil emperor even dared to blatantly said he didn't go to visit Concubine Li because he might raise the risk of the poor concubine being poisoned. 

When the Prime Minister turned around to leave, I could the bulging veins on his forehead and the clenching fists. If only his son-in-law wasn't the emperor, he was already being killed by the Prime Minister.

I advised him to go and see the concubine at least once. The concubine was annoying for keep pestering him, with his weird face and clothes, but still, he need to properly reject him or told him what need or doesn't need to be done. It was just too cruel and unfair for Concubine Li as he never receive even the littlest time of the emperor. 

"Can't help it. He's annoying with the way he acts. For God's sake! He's a guy. He's trying so hard to act like a girl. I've seen a few other gers, but they're not like him. Plus, he looks so scary! I hope he won't walk around with that kind of face at night or else somebody is gonna die of a heart attack."

I just laugh out loud with his statements. But a few days ago, my men mentioned that they saw Concubine Li and he seemed different from before. He looked prettier than other concubines.

Of course, the emperor won't trust my words. Well, it is not my problem anyway. I'm sure, the one who will beg the other to stay, that person will be him. 

A little later, I and the emperor went to the Zhongcui Palace, the place where Concubine Li resides. Well actually, my presence was not needed because the matter has nothing to do with me. But, I was tagging along just to enjoy a performance.

[Performance here means a drama. Early days no drama. There is Opera performance which is considered as ancient drama]

Voila!

I and the emperor were surprised to see the "new" Concubine Li. He is truly different. Just like his men said he is prettier than other concubines, might be the most beautiful person in this country. 

Of course, it was nice to see my best friend's appalled look. Not only his face, but his attitude also changed 180 degrees. If he is not a ger, a true man, I bet he will have a lot of admirers. He is way too charming!

His cold manner only doubled his charms. 

Concubine Li asked to leave the place since the emperor need to talk to his father. As he turned to leave, I just noticed he only has this one manservant with him. 

Since before, whenever Concubine Li tried to approach the emperor, this guy stands a little far away so I never noticed him. 

He kinda looks... pretty. I just saw his side-face but something attracts me to him.

.........

As usual, I just spend time inside the imperial study I'm done training my men in the morning. Spend time doesn't mean I'm sitting doing nothing. Well, I am sitting while fiddling my swords but still I'm having non-stop discussions with the emperor.