"I'm good, spending the weekend in Colin's lake house in New Haven for his son's birthday..."

"With that ex of yours?"

Logan almost choked on his coffee.

"How did you know?"

"Relax. I trust you. I just want you to be a little more careful, because paparazzi are everywhere. I don't want to manage bad publications this close to our wedding. Please make sure that they have no stories to tell. I have just enough things going on. I don't need more drama,"

It's always like this. Odette manages everything smoothly, no drama. And she's good with publication too, she knows how to maintain an image.

"Understood."

"Tres bien! Now, I'm calling to let you know that our plane will arrive at 5pm Friday. I hope you can finish early at work."

"No problem. I'm the CEO." He assured her.

"Good. See you soon, and please behave."

"I will. See you soon,"

He hung up.

"Was that she?" Rory asked from behind him. "I'm sorry, I didn't eavesdrop, I arrived just as when you about to finish,"

"That's okay. We weren't talking about state's secret anyway..."

Rory took a seat beside him.

"So, when's the date?" She asked.

"I don't know, we haven't really set any dates yet,"

"But you've been engaged for two years,"

"I know. Probably soon," he didn't even had the courage to look at her.

"Ah, good luck then..."

"Yeah. She's good for me."

"I bet."

Logan looked at her. Was that sarcasm he heard? She wasn't looking at him, her gaze was fixed somewhere in the middle of the lake, but he knew her mind was far away from there.

He wanted to know what she's thinking. She's rarely quiet so Logan was never had to guess hard. He's fighting the urge to grab her chin and turn her face towards him. He's dying to know how she feels about him now.

But wait, will it make any difference? What if her answer wasn't what Logan is expecting? Or what if her answer is what he's expecting? What will happen then?

Nope, he can't afford to fall again. He could barely got up from the last time. He wasn't even the same after that.

Nope. Better play it safe.

"Hey, Rory." He called. She turned her head to face him. Those sad little blue eyes almost break every leashes he had on.

"Let's get ready. We're going to ride the ATV!" He faked an excitement.

"I need a minute. My headache just got back stronger," she threw him a polite smile.

He hesitated, but decided to go anyway. Nobody can protect him but himself.

They spent the whole afternoon driving around with the ATV, at some point that noon they had found a mini waterfall, set up a picnic next to it, had lunch, and went swimming. It was like nothing ever happened, like the conversation this morning didn't occur anyway. Rory was a little bit distant, but the cheerfulness of the gang and probably the wine had loosened her up.

"So, Ror... you start your road show for the video next week?" Colin asked.

"Yeap, we leave after the kick off on Elias' birthday party. We're taking the farthest first, New Zealand," she sounded excited.

"I want to come!" Finn stated.

"I didn't invite you," she said.

"It wasn't your country," Finn countered.

Rory rolled her eyes.

"So, we're thinking to spend a little over a week there to interview our key informant, and some other supporting roles, and also to record the country's scenery and political dynamics, after that we'll head to Europe. We might be a while there because we have several key persons to chase," her eyes lit up. Finn yawned and Rory shot him a glare.

"I'm sorry, did I bore you?"

"Yes, love! So much I have just decided I won't come along anymore. I thought you were gonna interview interesting women, like milk maids and bar maidens..."

"Anything that includes the word maid will please you, Finn! But that's actually an interesting idea, I will think about it a lot..."

He watched her sadly. This excites her. The talk about work, even though they are having a picnic near a beautiful waterfall. She enjoys being able to make a difference, to use her talent into something important. He couldn't take that away from her, he wouldn't. That's why he's sad. He has a feeling that this will be the last time they'll be like this, carefree, young, and happy.

"You're boring me too, Rory! Let's take a dip!" He grabbed Rory's hand to help her up, and dragged her to the waterfall. The others soon followed them.

The magic of the waterfall seemed to break whatever tension that they have. Soon after they're all wet and neck dipped in the water, playing like children. Finn jumped from the edge on top of Colin who cursed at him with all his rich vocabularies after he coughed out what seemed to be ounces of water.

"Do you have any idea how disgusting this water is? I swallowed a lot of it! You never know, probably there were cattle up stream dump and shit in this water!" Colin screamed.

"Oh, grow up!"

Colin chased him with a vengeance.

Rory laughed so hard.

"This is one of the best moments of my life!" She exclaimed.

"It's our pleasure, Mother!" Finn shouted.

"Thank you," she said sincerely, turning her face to Logan. They were face to face in front of the waterfall. Logan felt like someone is squeezing his heart.

"You're welcome, Ace!" He stroked her cheek lightly. Although it still sent shivers to his bones.

They stayed like that for a good minute, both aware that this might be the last one. Not even the others dared to break their moment. She smiled and he felt his heart full. He'll be remembering her face like this forever, and the sound of her laughter. This is the moment that he'll be remembering, this moment where they both have made peace, and got their closure. It was a perfect goodbye.

THE END.

Just kidding! More chapters ahead! 😂😂