XV

you were standing on the roof, the gentle breeze brushing against your skin. it had started to rain, making the roof slippery. you would have to be careful.

after five minutes of contemplating whether or not you should have break the glass, you had broken the lock in some magical way with the chair legs instead. (i literally dont know just go with it anything is possible at this point)

now, how were you going to get down from here? you had to escape and find wilbur or anyone else from l'manberg before your captors returned. you also had to not break your legs or die from falling off of the roof of a tall building. you might be able to climb into a nearby tree without falling off, or maybe you could check to see if any of the vines that covered the walls were strong enough to hold your weight as you climbed down. there weren't any bodies of water that were close enough for you could jump down into and save you from potential death.

maybe, you could hide the fact that the window was broken from dream and wait for the perfect opportunity to escape, which would also give you enough time to find rope or anything that could help you. that seemed like a good plan, but you wanted out of here now. (I KEEP FORGETTING HOW TO SPELL BROKEN I WANT TO SPELL IT LIKE BROCKEN)

you started to pace along the roof. you had checked the vines, and non were strong enough for you to latch onto as you clambered down the wall. there was one tree that was close enough, but you would have to jump.

(i feel like you know where this going. youre the main character! dramatic and unfortunate stuff always have to happen to you, its the law)

you decided to get a running start just to make sure you'd make the jump. you backed up quite a lot, then ran. you jumped as you came to the ledge, but your foot slipped, making you leap awkwardly into the air. one hand caught the closest branch of the excessively large tree, but the branch had grown slippery from the sprinkling, yet fast, rain. fast rain. you lost your grip and went plummeting towards the muddy ground, you arms reached out to grab anything that could save you from your demise.

(i fell off the playground once and broke my wrist when i was playing grounders)

dream

sapnap and george pried their general for answers as to what had happened with tommy and why dream had both discs instead of one, to which he answered all.

the three friends started joking and playing around as friends did, with george and sapnap fighting a lot and dream having to tell them to stop.

"sapnap, no more arson. george told me about the forest you set on fire last night." dream said to sapnap as they entered their home. "what? me? fire? nuh uh. wasn't me. i have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. whatever georgie told you, was all lies." sapnap started to deny everything as george smiled as he was called out. "i'm going to go check on y/n. george, don't get break anything in the spider spawner again. i'm not helping you last time." he was such a dad.

"y/n?" he softly knocked on the door incase she had been asleep. dream wouldn't be surprised if y/n was asleep right now, because he knew how little she has slept since she came here. there was no response. oh, god. what happened now? "i'm going to be coming in, alright?" he made sure she was prepared for his entrance before unlocking the door with its key.

y/n was not in her room, but the window was left wide open. how the hell...? it was locked. how did she open it? dream examined the window and its lock, which looked like it had been broken and forced open. the desk's small chair was sitting beside the window sill, so dream assumed the chair was used for something. was y/n still on the roof? it was raining, and she could fall! the tall male stuck half of his body out of the window and pulled himself onto the roof. if was slippery, and his fingers dared to slip and let him fall.

she wasn't on the roof. had she fallen? did she climb down? dream started to call her name, although he doubted she would reveal herself. if she was anywhere in his land anymore, she definitely would not come out. she had made it quite clear that she hated dream and everyone else. is she safe? was one of the first questions that came to his mind. dream had paced around the roof twice, and was now scanning the ground beneath him. with sharp eyes, he noticed some marks in the wet earth. some animal had come through here, it looked like someone, a human, had crawled. dream launched himself off of the roof and placed water beneath him before he hit the ground. buckets of water were lifesavers here.

y/n was leaning against a tree, eyes closed. she wasn't awake nor conscious. her arms and legs were scattered with tiny scratches, and her limbs would be bruised soon. was she dead? please say she's not dead. please say she's not dead. dream crouched down in front of the girl's body and leaned in closer to her to see if she was still breathing. dream heard shallow breaths being taken in. she's still alive. "lovely? are you alright?" dream whispered in hopes of her waking up. he knew how much she disliked the pet names. he got no response.

dream scooped her up and carried her bridal style. her clothes were muddy, and she would need to get changed. why had y/n be asleep beneath a tree? why? was she trying to escape? he reentered his home and laid her down on one of the couches. he took a seat in the other couch by her head, waiting for her to wake.

————————————————
1030 words
i am trying