L

(GUYS 400K READS AHHHH)
(the goodboyhalo au and nightmare au are so cool i may or may not be attracted to bbh and dreams made up alter egos)

"dream, i'll see you later. i've got to go somewhere." you told dream when schlatt dismissed you after telling you to rebuild the stage for a second time.

"where?" you were going to wait for wilbur's permission to show dream where pogtopia was. "nowhere that concerns you." you said curtly, disbanding from him before dream could question you anymore.

you were going to go check in with wilbur. you assumed tubbo wasn't in danger and probably went to go see them.

:-:-:

you skimmed down the stone staircase that led into pogtopia, nearly tripping over yourself. the only person who you could see was home was techno, who had raised his crossbow once he had heard of your loud arrival. you stopped near the chests, almost stumbling on them. he wasn't wearing his mask, surprising you when he tried to cover his face. thankfully he wasn't as touchy about masks as dream was.

"is tubbo here? no ones seen him-"
"he's out with tommy somewhere. tubbo came last night and they've been out doing stuff since."

a relief. "what happened to you?" techno's gaze was locked onto the large bruise on your cheek. "i thought tubbo had it bad." he placed a hand on your chin, making you look up at him on an angle to examine the damage. he was surprisingly gentle and didn't touch the wound. "happen to have any more of those arrows?" techno shook his head. "wilbur wasted the last one."

"hows wilbur been doing?" you asked once techno let you go seconds after. last time you saw him he seemed to be doing alright, but it was best to check in. "both bad and good. he's healing fast and healing well, but he hasn't slept since he was given the boot. he's been talking to himself a lot and leaving for hours just to kill creepers and gather sand. no idea what he's doing. it's only been three or so days and will's already doing bad." you grimaced. that didn't sound good. "any better news?" techno shrugged, finally putting his crossbow away. "uhm, well.. oh, tommy found an old mining system of his that leads directly to manberg."

you heard incoherent mumbling from above as wilbur strut both proudly and anxiously into pogtopia. he was talking too quietly, so his words were out of clear earshot. he looked.. bad. bags under his eyes and his hair was messy. his eyes seemed more glazed over, as if he was always lost in thought. at least he still had that swag fit 🥶 🔥. wilbur didn't see to notice you, as he had swiftly rushed right past you and techno and started scrounging through the chests behind you. either that or he was ignoring you.

you exchanged awkward glances with techno before getting wilbur to acknowledge you. "..wilbur?" the addresses brunette quickly whipped around, as if he had just been jumped. "oh. when did you get here? anyways, how's l'manberg?" he didn't greet you properly or ask how you were doing like he usually did. "..kinda awkward." techno chimed, making you shoot him a glare. "bad news. the flags gone and it's been renamed manberg. 'this nation will take no more L's,' is what schlatt said." you informed wilbur's who's dead, blank stare quickly turned into a scowl. "bollocks. i'm seeing this for myself." he hissed, wilbur's odd denial shocking you. "wilbur, you were just out grinding for materials we aren't gonna need. you might wanna get some sleep. it might be a good idea." techno said, worry being covered with sarcasm. "no! i have stuff i must do! where is tommy?" wilbur snapped at his brother. you were trying to convince yourself that he was just tired and sleep deprived.  "wilbur, relax. we will go find tommy for you if you go take a nap." this was going to end terribly if wilbur kept
acting the way he was now. "we!?" techno acted shock while wilbur finally, yet reluctantly, agreeing to get some sleep. not without a fight that he quickly
lost, though.

°

techno was holding a compass. on the back it the name 'tommy' engraved.

"the compass points to tommy. he has one that points back to me. it's how he has found me so fast and brought me to pogtopia." techno answered your question before you even had a chance to speak. he had his skull mask back on. "when tommy, wilbur, tubbo, and i parted ways from each other and phil, phil gave me a compass and the other to tommy since he was the one who wanted it the most. tommy and tubbo were twelve at the time. he gave them to us so we could aways find each other. wilbur made them." techno had already begun walking towards manberg and the smp, which you assumed was the way the compass was pointing. occasionally, he would look down at the compass to make sure he was going the right way.

"you haven't seen them in five years?"

"nope."

"did you ever miss them?"

"...the compass is pointing more in the direction of the smp. they're probably safer there than they are in manberg, but dream is completely unpredictable."

he was avoiding the question, but you weren't going to push it. you kept glancing over his shoulder to catch an awkward glimpse at the compass. techno soon got tired of this and ended up holding the compass between you and him so you could see it better. techno just didn't let you touch it.

it didn't take long for techno go figure out where they were. "they're at the eifel tower." the what? you didn't even know this build existed. "..whatever you say." you said, unconvinced. "trust me. i'm a human gps. i've already memorized my surroundings." techno assured. "yeah. whatever you say." you said again.

°

tommy had tied his cow, henry, to a fence post beneath the tall wooden tower with a lead. you and techno had ungainly walked in on tubbo and tommy sitting in the grass beside the cow that they were showering with love and affection, tubbo being more willingly while tommy was definitely more forced and fake. you could tell he was only doing it to make tubbo happy.

"tommy, what the heck are you doing? i hope you know you're not allowed here." techno started scold tommy, but there was a humorous undertone. "henry will be safe here i think. no one will make a shit move and kill him because i said so." tommy had gotten up and had pulled tubbo up with him. "the fuck?" tommy directed at you. "what? i need more context." tommy pointed at you. "what happened? your face looks like shit." you gasped dramatically, putting a hand on your chest and acting like you were offended. "she looks fine. schlatt got to her. c'mon, we've got to go. wilburs feeling terrible and needs you, tommy." techno defended you. "schlatt? that fucking bastard. where is he? i'll fuck him up. 'use they hands' is what they say to me." who's 'they?' "it's fine. tubbo! you're alright!" you finally greeted tubbo.

"yeah! schlatt hadn't attacked me yet so i ran to pogtopia. i wasn't in the mood for getting beat. are you okay?" you had all started to follow techno back in the direction of pogtopia. you were hoping nobody would walk in on you hanging with the banished. "i'll live. dream helped me when we got back home." you said, making sure to keep your voice down as to not attract any unwanted attention. "dream?! why the hell are you with him?" tommy didn't like that you had mentioned dream. "i thought you knew. i'll tell you later."

:-:-:

you had managed to safely get back to pogtopia. you were pretty sure nobody had spotted you and reported you and tubbo to schlatt. you were surprised to see that wilbur had actually gotten some sleep, and everyone made sure they were extra quiet in the ravine. you weren't sure if tommy was trying his hardest, though.

"i saw the flag. who lit it on fire?" tommy asked. you were sitting with tommy and tubbo in one of the far ends of the ravine. techno was off doing whatever he was doing in his potato room. "fundy. schlatt even renamed the shithole 'manberg.' stupid name." you told him. tubbo already knew the full story. he was there. tommy agreed with you, also saying it was a terrible name.

"what're we gonna do, guys? we can't keep hiding in this cave forever." tubbo was speaking the truth. tommy sighed. "no idea, big t. wilbur will come up with something like he usually does. i hope."

——————————————————
1476
tired and just want to listen to my spotify playlist 😔 ✌️