31. the little boy

Start from the beginning

I looked down and smiled at the little creature sitting on my lap. Then I looked back at the small bird flying above the palace walls and said, "That, my love, is a bird. There used to be so many flying around back then and your father and I would always watch them right here on this spot."

Then the soft voice spoke up again, "I wanna fly! I wanna like like a birdy, Eomma!"

I snapped back into reality when I heard Kyung calling my name.

"Ara! Ara! What's wrong?" He asked while kneeling beside me.

I looked down and realized that I was on the ground. The little boy was standing by the swing in worry and fear, and Kyung by my side, his arms wrapped around me.

"I... I don't know... What happened?" I replied back, confused about what just happened.

"You fainted, Ara," Kyung whispered, his worried voice making me feel bad.

"I'm sorry," I spoke up while looking at him and the little boy. "I didn't mean to make you both worried and scared. I guess I'm just tired today."

Then Kyung helped me back on my feet and looked over at the little boy. "Time to go home, kid," he said while grabbing my backpack on the ground.

"B-but Noona and I-"

"Enough. She's not your older sister. She just looks like her. Now, go home."

I bit my bottom lip as I watched the little boy slouch and the excitement that was in his eyes, disappeared. Kyung and I watched as he ran off to God know where. I sighed in confusion at what I just saw earlier.

Who was the little boy in my vision? Is he the same one as the one earlier on the swing? And why did he call me his mom?

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?" The 18-year-old asked as he showed up with a bicycle.

I raised my left eyebrow while shaking my head and heard Kyung sigh. "Don't ask."

"Wasn't going to," I said with a small laugh. Then I looked at him and asked, "How did you know I'd be at the playground?"

"I didn't," Kyung answered while placing mine and his backpacks inside the bicycle's basket. 

Then he gets on the bicycle and told me, "Get on and hold onto me.

So I did what I was told by sitting on the back part of the bike. Then I grabbed a fistful of his uniform's shirt on both of his sides since I didn't want him to misunderstand me or anything.

But I guess I was wrong.

"What are you doing?" Kyung asked while turning his head to the side to look at me.

I looked at him weirdly and said, "Um, holding onto you, duh."

Then Kyung sighed again and he grabbed both of my hands and made me wrap myself around his waist. I gulped nervously at the close contact and tried not to lay my head on his back.

"Hold onto me tightly now," He ordered, but it wasn't like his usual cold tone.

I bit my bottom lip and decided to just go along with it. I laid my head on his back and wrapped my arms not too tightly around his waist.

Then Kyung started to pedal and we were off to who knows where.

"Where are we going by the way?" I asked him as we passed by some shops that were now closing.

I felt Kyung shrug but then he answered, "Anywhere but home.

That was all he said all throughout the bicycle ride. After thinking alone, I soon understand why he was out and walking around the neighborhood. How he found me at the playground and why he had a bicycle with him. His father must be angry at him again...

a/n:

Kyung left the dinner that he had with Danoh and their fathers and he ended up walking around the neighborhood. Then he heard Ara's voice and saw what was happening in the playground. 

Just wanted to explain where Kyung was before the playground scene... 😅

Also, who do you, guys, think the little boy is to Seol in Trumpet Creeper?

I was going to finish making my movie trailer for my school project but then I became lazy in editing the scenes so I decided to stop by here on Wattpad and update TSH. 😎

ps. sorry for the short ass chapter ✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼