Chapter - 18

Chris's POV:

It's already time to meet Ethan as I left my mansion and arrived at my condo 30 minutes later.

Opening the door and making myself comfortable at my condo. I grab a bottle of rum and pour myself a drink from the bar. I usually drink less but a glass of rum, I need it now.

As usual, it's already past 9 pm and Ethan is late. We planned to meet at 8 pm. As I was checking emails on the phone. Ethan came and rang the doorbell. I opened the door through a smart device.

"Hey, Chris. Sorry! Had a meeting with my lawyers." Said Ethan. Said with a valid excuse.

"Alright, for Anderson's project. How was the agreement?" I asked as Ethan and Anderson's was partnering for a new project. Unlike me, Ethan started his own business.

"Well, we are at a disadvantage because We are doing most work and the idea is ours and they are providing us resources and investment. But, but if we partner with them and complete this project. We may get more projects in the future." Said Ethan, to which I nodded.

"So, what do you want to talk about? I was a bit shocked when you called to talk to me about something personal. So, What's this about?" Asked Ethan while raising his eyebrows with full of curiosity and attention.

I frowned and said "Grab a drink and sit. It is about me."

He makes himself comfortable and poured himself a drink. He sat down and looked at me waiting for me to tell.

"It's about how I messed up and Nate betrayed my trust," I said finishing my drink and without waiting for him to ask any further and I told him everything from start to finish.

When I told him everything I was full of different emotions anger, rage, hurt and it pained me for what they did to me and my son.

"Man, you messed up big time. But, from what you said you sounded like you were the victim but you were not." Said Ethan. Which is not helping me.

"So, you tell me it's my fault for loving her and trusting her. My fault for what they did to me." I asked out loud unable to control my emotions. He was making me guilty which I'm not. They should be guilty.

"Yes, it's is your fault, Chris. You know about Natalie, do you seriously think she's going to be a loving mother to Blake? No, she's not. Natalie dumped you before and cheated on you before." He said which made me come out of my anger. And he continued...

"You know about her character right? She always wants to be the best and very competitive in everything. If she needs something she will come to you. If not, you need to go to her just to talk with her. She's arrogant and full of herself like the world revolving around her." He said which I'm dumbfounded I never knew he thought Natalie like that. If he said some other time I would punch his face but now I could not.

"But, you know what I like about her? she usually doesn't show this side to others. Others may think she is smart and elegant. But, she's not. She looks down on others and is selfish and cunning. If she needs someone she will quickly capture them and befriend them and if she doesn't need someone she won't even turn her back. She always does things to get popularity and do some trending things to get popular like when she showed off how she learned culinary in Italy and how many languages she knows blah blah... and so on which is to make herself proud and not because she loved it." He said looking at me.

I can't even get things processed in my mind. All things he is saying I know but I can't say it out. I don't want to acknowledge this side of her.

"So, tell me Chris will this type of person will a good mother to other people and be a good stepmother? If she loves you she could have broken with you and date others but she did not. If she loves another guy, she would then break up with you to be true to him but she did not she was double-timing the entire time."