PTA

FP Jones never considered himself to be the most involved parent. He was a recovering alcoholic, separated from his wife who now lived in Toledo, and his own son chose being homeless over living with him. He couldn't blame Jughead, he'd really hit rock bottom the last couple of months. But things began to change when Jughead gave him another chance, and FP was more motivated than ever to finally turn his life around for good.

He got a job at Andrew's Construction, went to AA meetings twice a week, and even signed up for the PTA which he immediately regretted once he found out who the President was.

Alice Cooper, or as he fondly remembered her, Alice Smith. In high school she was the girl next door, quite literally. Alice and FP were neighbors in Sunnyside Trailer Park growing up, caught up in an angsty on and off again relationship until she chose Northsider Hal Cooper as her beau. Now she was a Southside traitor who traded her ripped jeans for pencil skirts. He was ready to back out of joining the PTA, but Jughead was so impressed that he had signed up to help with the Fall Festival he just had to suck it up.

FP walked into Riverdale High for a PTA meeting about the fall festival. He stopped by the trophy case in the hallway, smiling at the photo of him holding up the championship trophy with his football team. Felt like a lifetime ago. He was snapped back to reality at the sound of clicking heels behind him.

"Don't you think it's a little inappropriate to be wearing gang paraphernalia inside a high school, FP?" Alice Cooper was standing behind him, eyebrow raised and arms crossed.

FP turned around to see her adorned in a light blue blouse tucked into her above knee length skirt, even angry she looked hot.

"Funny, you didn't seem to have a problem when you were a serpent, Alice", he walked towards her.

She scoffed, "I came to my senses, unlike you."

"Well Alice, at least I don't have a stick up my ass", FP sighed and walked past her with a smirk, knowing that would set her off. Maybe being a part of PTA could be fun.

Alice stood at the front of the classroom that was being used for the PTA meeting.

"Now, we only have a few days to get the Fall Festival set up for Saturday, what booth you'll be working at will be at random draw, we don't want what happened last year to happen again", Alice grabbed a bowl with folded slips of paper in it and passed it around.

Some of the parents chuckled at the remark, FP looked around confused at the reference. He grabbed the bowl after Hermione Lodge and pulled out a piece of paper. He unfolded it, pie throwing booth written across the slip. "Fuck", he mumbled to himself.

"I'm sorry, what was that FP?", Alice called out, looking over in his direction.

"Well, mine says pie throwing booth and I didn't really sign up for this thing to be slammed in the face with food", the annoyance prevalent in his voice. "Put me on construction duty, I'll build all the booths, I'm not getting covered in whipped cream and looking like an idiot."

"I'm afraid all the construction for the festival has already been dealt with, you should have signed up for that a week ago", Alice raised an eyebrow. As thrilled she was that he had been selected for the pie booth, it also meant they'd be working together.

"Anybody wanna trade me?", he stood up and looked around the room, none of the parents answered. "Fine, but I'll remember this", he sat back down with a sigh.

After the meeting, Alice stopped FP in the hallway. "So, are you going to actually show up Saturday or do I need to find a replacement?"

"I already signed up for this shit, I can't back out now, not with Jughead counting on me", he ran a hand through his hair.