21 (finale)

:::taeyong:::

It has been 3 weeks since my first encounter with Minah after coming back here to Seoul. Once in a while, I will visit her cafe mostly just because I wanted to see her. I was afraid at first if she felt uncomfortable but she always acts cheerful as she is whenever I go there. She is still the same Minah but she's kind of different now. I don't know how to exactly explain about it. Sometimes during the weekend, I would just go to her cafe to do some work and stayed there until the end of her shift. I wonder how long if she's going to work like that when she's the future owner of the place.

It wasn't until 2 days ago that I was still eager to meet her at her workplace. I was as usual walking slowly with a small smile on my face, waiting to meet someone dear to me. But before I could enter through the door, through the glass window I could see Minah talking to a guy playfully. She smiled the entire time talking to him as her eyes didn't look away from his. As her left hand reached his right hand, my heart stopped a little. Is he someone special to her? She never spoke about it. And when the guy gave her a warm hug, that's when I turned around and left that place. I'll never come here again.

A knock on my front door wakes me up as I was still daydreaming after I woke up from my sleep 30 minutes ago. That must be Yoona. I promised her to discuss a little bit about work at my apartment here then we would go for lunch outside. It kind of feels nice to work with a family member, well of course not really, because you don't need to be formal.

Yoona is my cousin but we were not close. She's a year older than me, I think, and was the youngest sibling. When we were kids, I only got to see her when my family went to her place for some family business that I never had the intention to know. I would usually just play with her brother who's 4 years older than me and she would just watch us playing. She's lucky to have a caring brother as he would not make her feel excluded and let her join us.

And now, when we're older, it's funny to see that we're really close now. Since she's older than me, I'd like to think of her as an older sister who always takes care of me. I'm the only child of the family and she's the youngest. I guess she's happy to have someone younger to be considered of as a 'brother'.

I open the door and Yoona's eyes widen as well as her mouth. She looks at my messy hair and shakes her head. "You just woke up?!" She yells, but not annoyingly, at me as she enters my apartment and puts her things on the couch.

"I'm sorry. I overslept." I open the fridge and pour a little bit of mineral water into a glass. "Give me 20 minutes. Eat whatever you want and make yourself at home." I say as I walk into my room and get ready.

"Hurry up!"

—————————————

2 hours of work and finally done. We get into her car as I buckle up my seatbelt. Yoona looks at me with bright eyes, she must be hungry and cannot wait to eat.

"Okay, where to?" She asks cheerfully as I shrug, "okay I know! That one cafe, right?" She raises her eyebrows up and down with a smirk on her face.

I turn to look at my side window as she may notice the change on my face. "No." " I probably won't go there for the time being."

She looks at me with concern. "Why? You always eager to eat there as far as I know. Somethung wrong?"

I turn to look at her briefly as my eyes look at the front mirror. "Remember that girl I told you? I was mistaken. I think she's already taken." I let out a sigh.

"But she never told you about him. Maybe he's just a friend?" Yoona tries to console me as she drives off. I let her decide where to eat so I have no idea where we're heading to.