Chapter 6

In their first game against each other, Jisoo realizes that she and Jennie have, somehow, become some sort of minor celebrities in the college softball world.

As they walk around the tournament afterwards, players from dozens of teams stop them and ask them questions.

Whether the suspensions were really for what everyone says they were for.

Whether the kiss on the championship field the year prior actually happened.

Whether the two of them were dating, or still are.

Jisoo can feel a bit of smugness entering Jennie's bones with every single question about their dating life, and by what feels like the fifty-eighth query, Jennie has her arm slung around Jisoo's neck and an arrogant grin on her face.

Before another question can be asked, Jisoo tugs Jennie down a small hallway leading into a storage area.

"You need to be taught a lesson, Jen," Jisoo grumbles.

"I do?"

"Smugness isn't attractive."

Jennie pushes forward, pinning Jisoo against the wall. "In me it is, and you damn well know it, Jisoo."

Jisoo groans under her breath and yanks Jennie into a kiss. They make out for as long as possible, until Jisoo hears the crackle over the loudspeaker that she knows means it's almost time for her next game.

She extracts her hand from its spot halfway up the back of Jennie's jersey and takes a few steps away, catching her breath with a grin. "We'll talk later," she says, then sprints off towards her field.

Jennie leans against the wall, her uniform an utter mess.

"Damn," she whispers.

+++

Jennie meets Jisoo at a restaurant for lunch on Jisoo's birthday, still wearing her campus security polo and khakis.

"Jesus," Jisoo whispers as she watches Jennie sit down. "I always forget how goddamn hot you are in that uniform."

"You could've stopped at 'how goddamn hot you are', but I do agree that the uniform only adds to my charm," Jennie replies with a broad grin."

Jisoo rolls her eyes. "You're lucky I love you."

"Yeah. I know that already." Jennie hands Jisoo an envelope. "Happy birthday, by the way."

"Oh, you remembered?" Jisoo jokes, opening it up. She immediately freezes, jaw dropping slightly.

"Er. Is that bad shock or good shock?"

"You got me baseball tickets?" Jisoo bolts out of her seat and kisses her. "Good baseball tickets, too!"

Jennie laughs as Jisoo sits back down, practically vibrating. "Yeah. Well. It's a bit more than that. Uhm. I figured we could go back my way after graduation? I could show you around St. Louis. The Rays are playing the Cardinals."

"We will absolutely be doing that. I love you."

Jennie laughs again, reaching out to play with Jisoo's fingers. "I love you, too. Y'know. Even though you're a pitcher."

+++

SIX: (15:42) My parents are coming down for a few days next week.

THREE: (15:50) That's great! I wish I could see them.

SIX: (15:51) Well. You could.

THREE: (15:52) ?

SIX: (15:54) They want to go to dinner. With me. & you & Dara.