Chapter 4

SIX: (13:15) I'm gonna hit a home run off of you in our first game

THREE: (13:22) Well I'm gonna strike you out

SIX: (13:23) I'd like to see you try

THREE: (13:26) [picture message sent]

THREE: (13:26) Every time I pitch a ball, think of this photo.

SIX: (13:31) ......

SIX: (13:33) Jisoo this is psychological warfare.

SIX: (13:33) And I will not stand for it.

+++

"Practice was good today, Jennie," Dara says as Jennie puts her helmet away. "You're hitting well."

"That's the goal, isn't it?" Jennie pulls off her batting gloves and raises an eyebrow. "Did you want something else, Coach?"

"Yep!" Dara points at the field and grins. "Thirty laps."

Jennie sighs and zips up her bag. "I should've expected that."

"Yeah, Jennie, you really should have."

+++

"You're excited to see her," Rosé murmurs as she watches Jennie pace back and forth, trying to read a chapter from her Victimology textbook. "Aren't you?"

"Don't know what you mean," Jennie says. "We joke around a bit over texts, but that whole thing was just a summer deal. Way to blow off some energy."

"Sure. Go ahead and tell yourself that." She picks up her laptop and heads off towards her bedroom. "Just don't forget how to play the game, Jen."

"I never have," Jennie mutters, rereading the first sentence of the chapter for the thirtieth time.

+++

"No home run," Jisoo teases as they meet behind the dugout after the game. "You were thinking about me naked, weren't you?"

"You walked me once. I think you were thinking about me naked."

Jisoo's eyes scan the length of Jennie's body. "Mm. Might've, just once. Can you really blame me?"

Jennie leans in as close as she can while they're in a public area. "Not at all, Jisoo. I just thought you cared more about your game."

"I am going to deck you."

"You can't reach my face."

Jisoo gives a soft whine. "Christ. I want you so bad right now."

Jennie glances around her quickly, then skims her hand roughly up Jisoo's torso, lingering in all the spots she knows make Jisoo shudder. She then cups Jisoo's face with her hand and smirks. "Which one of us said it would be a good idea to keep this professional during the school year?"

"I-It was a mutual agreement," Jisoo stammers.

"Hm." Jennie taps the brim of Jisoo's visor, knocking it down onto her face. "Well, we're both fucking idiots."

+++

As Jisoo makes her way back towards the bus, she's intercepted by Nancy.

"What the fuck was that, Jisoo?"

Jisoo gives a tired sigh and adjusts her bag. "What was what?"

"You walked Jennie Kim."

"Shit happens, Nancy. I also got six strikeouts."