Part 13

‘grace!’ Poppy bellowed down the corridor 

‘put her down right now!’ she was shouting to one of the boys behind me.

‘nick take her to’ Rachel shouted back.

I knew we had reached the bottom of the stairs when I began to hear the low thud of the music and the loud click clack of what I guess was Rachel’s heels clipping the floor. 

Tonight the air was chilly and seemed restless, the forces thrashed against me from all directions. The wintry breeze hit me when the door was swung open, When I say swung I mean almost thrown off it hinges, the chilly air was cool but refreshing, due to the heat that I had endured when I had been crammed between all those flitting, pumping bodies.

‘Taylor, you take her and drive her to the place we said ok?’ 

‘yes, thank you very much Rachel, I’m well aware of what I have to do’ Taylor seemed abit cocky but seemed to have the guts to stand up to her. Unlike so many other boys that have been in contact with Rachel.

I began to shiver as the cold air tickled my bare neck.

‘Nick you take Poppy and drive our little Gracie’s car to the place we said ok?’

‘uh-huh’ everything became very hushed as Taylor began to move again. 

I felt Taylor suddenly stop, I was being slid down from his shoulder, he swung me round so that I had my back to him whilst he held me tightly around the chest, my head just flopping to the side. 

His lips brushing my ear as he whispered ’sorry’ and so he should be I thought kidnapping me! an innocent girl in all this, gagging her and taking her hostage.

I couldn’t go on, fiddling around in my pockets he pushed his hand into my right pocket and pulled out my car keys, 

Oh he really is for the high jump now just wait until I get my hands on him.

‘here you go’ I guessed Taylor passed the keys to Nick,

He sighed heavily and picked me up proceeding towards what I guess was his car. 

He placed me down again fiddling in his pockets he pulled out his keys and jammed them into the door pulling it open. 

He swung my legs up in the air and sat me into the passengers seat positioning my legs, plugging me in once he had finished. 

The door on my right side was slammed shut quickly, the one to my left opening seconds later. 

Taylor took his place behind the steering wheel, he stopped moving and sighed deeply, I got the feeling that he had stopped because he was staring at me.

I didn’t think about it anymore because the car roared to life and we screeched out of the crowded driveway on to a quiet street.