Don't Leave

Her white heels clicked against the pavement as the attitude built up inside of her. She was upset and as usual when things didn't go her way, she pouted and made irrational decisions.

Her decision now is to leave.

"Tay what the hell, really?" Natalie approached her.

She looked straight ahead, shaking her head.

"Nat look I'm going home"

"Are you serious? The man didn't even say anything to you" Natalie reasoned.

"He doesn't have to, his presence upsets me and I can't sit and be on a date with him. Why didn't you tell me it was him?"

"Tay, think for a minute. How could I possibly tell you that Keith's friend is your new neighbor. It is just a coincidence"

"Coincidence my ass" she commented.

"Are you kidding me?" Natalie scoffed.

"Are you saying I set you up?" She added.

"Maybe" Tayler looked at her friend.

"Be for real. We've been friends for years. I know you, I know your attitude so why the fuck would I do that? That's like setting up a fucking bomb to go off and just stand there in the same room with it!"

She continued to tap her foot and scowl, something she usually did when she was aggravated. She hated being backed into a corner and right now she felt like she was. But in her heart, she knew Nat wouldn't do that to her but she was so agitated she couldn't think straight.

This man had her mind going and she didn't even know his name till just 5 minutes ago.

"Tay look at me, we're friends I wouldn't set you up like that. You have to stop being like that and calm down and think straight for once"

As annoying as Tayler could be, Natalie knew her friend very well. She could be a child at times and throw tantrums when she didn't get her way just like now but she knew where that was coming from. She knew her attitude was lethal and anything could set it off so she was used to talking her down off the ledge.

Being friends for so long, she knew how Tayler grew up. She had no control over her life. Her mom giving her up at a young age and the man she endearingly called Big Daddy raised her and basically took over her life. He planned everything for her, he chose her friends, what she wore, her schools, her activities, he made her do everything he wanted.

It was that fear of having no control of her life again that made her act out. Being backed into that corner, it scared her.

"Natalie, I hear you and I'm sorry but I cannot stay here. That guy is a jerk"

"Well I don't know where you're going sweetheart cause I drove"

"Well give me the keys" she snapped her neck towards Natalie.

"Yeah you really think I'm going to let you take my car"

"Then I'll catch an Uber home" she began to take her phone out her purse.

"Are you serious Tay?" Natalie quirked a brow.

"Dead" she simply replied.

She quickly thumbed through the many apps on her phone trying to find the Uber app but quickly realized that she deleted it because she had no use for it anymore as she had a car.

"Damn! I know I shouldn't have let you drive" Tayler mumbled.

She started to download the app on her phone as Natalie sat there trying to convince her to stay.