Chapter 16 : This Crap And Lunatic

Start from the beginning

"Milord, I was guarding this room behind that door with my brother. We heard a crash sound from inside, and when we entered, we didn't see the young master at all, but instead..."

Noxin paused, taking a single breath before continuing with a trembling voice.

"We smelled blood, a thick blood. We rushed to the scent and found Young Master Leon lying there on the ground, looking..."

'Almost dead.'

Noxin bit his lip, unable to complete his sentence. His pupils shook as he vividly recalled the harrowing sight of finding Leon on the floor.

'It was a terrible sight.'

His upper clothes were soaked in blood, his face drenched, tears of blood streaming from his eyes, and his ears bleeding—a horrific tableau etched into memory, impossible to erase.

'I don't think... I could ever erase that image... for the entirety of my life.'

"That's why, Milord... that's all I know."

A hush* fell over them. There were no words to contest Noxin's account because they weren't present. Yet, they could discern the gravity of Noxin's eyewitness experience.

'He must have witnessed my brother covered in blood.'

Luis cast a bitter glance toward Leon, while Duchess Julia tightened her grip on Leon's hand. Duke Carl clicked his tongue, envisioning the horrifying scene Noxin described.

"Tsk... that means we're at a dead end."

Silence* reigned again as Duke Carl's statement hung in the air.

Suddenly, at that moment,

Bang!!!

The room's door burst open.

In unison, everyone in the room shifted their attention toward the now-open door.

Emerging from the doorway were four men, visibly panting and perspiring. Three of them entered the room on foot, while the fourth was being carried by the man in the middle of the trio.

"Apologies for the delay... huff... Doctor Phil has arrived, Milord."

Rudy, still catching his breath, conveyed this information while carrying Doctor Phil on his back.

Upon hearing this, Doctor Phil promptly dismounted from Rudy's back and hastened towards Duke Carl.

"I've arrived, Milord... I'm sorr-"

"It's alright, Phil... just assess my son quickly."

Duke Carl interjected, urging Doctor Phil to promptly examine his son without further delay.

Realizing the urgency, Doctor Phil swiftly turned his gaze to Leon and observed his state.

Gasp*

A sharp intake of breath escaped Doctor Phil as his eyes widened in shock.

"This!!!! Oh my goodness."

'Right... I know - I know... It appears quite distressing, doesn't it? But I'm still alive, so... let's not make a commotion over this, doc.'

Leon and Phil. The eyes of these two individuals connected and locked onto each other. Even with Leon's eyes only half-open, he sensed Doctor Phil's penetrating gaze.

'Haih... What, are we having a staring contest or something? Just hurry up and heal me.'

Leon's eyes conveyed the urgency to Doc Phil, but it proved futile. Doctor Phil couldn't grasp his telepathic message.

'Yeah... there's no way someone could comprehend my thoughts...'

"Phil, hurry!"

At Duke Carl's resounding command, Doctor Phil snapped to attention and promptly responded.

"Yes, Milord."

He hurried to Leon's side, and Duchess Julia made room for him to attend to Leon.

Doc Phil meticulously examined every inch of Leon's body, his expression marred by a frown.

'It looks incredibly severe.'

His thoughts were in disarray. From the appearance alone, he could discern that Leon was in intense pain, but...

'I can't fathom what could have led to such a condition.'

The bleeding presented sheer chaos. The young master before him wasn't merely bleeding from the mouth; it extended to include the ears and eyes.

'It indicates that... the internal condition is far more severe...'

As a doctor, Phil comprehended. When someone was bleeding profusely to the extent of bleeding from areas beyond the mouth or skin, it signified a more critical internal state.

'In the worst scenarios... the young master might not be salvageable.'

Hence, Doc Phil's complexion grew grimmer. His concern wasn't rooted in fear of the potential consequences if Leon were to succumb, but rather,

'What kind of heartless person subjected the young master to this???'

He couldn't fathom the existence of someone so cruel as to inflict such agony on someone as kind as Leon. Moreover,

'To subject a young master barely eighteen to this level of suffering... they must be insane!!!'

Doc Phil felt anger—anger directed at the lunatic who dared to harm this young master.

******************************************
to be continued