Chapter 2 - The Real World

Start from the beginning

"This is great." She replied with a smile.

"Alright. I'm glad you like it. Let's sit." Lucas said as he lead the way to their table.

They both then sat down face-to-face. Soon after the waitress came and they both placed the order. The food came in after and they were now enjoying their lunch.

"So, how's the food?" Lucas asked hesitantly.

"It's actually nice. Thank you for showing me this place. I think I can see myself coming here a lot." Emma smiled as she showed him her gratitude.

"Well, I'm glad you like it. Hey! We can be lunch buddy!" Lucas suggested.

Emma was dying of excitement inside. A lunch with Lucas every single day would be nice.

"Sure. If you don't mind." Emma managed to calmly replied.

"Of course! I’d love to have someone to have lunch with." He grinned.

They spent the entire lunch time talking to each other. Emma told him about her family and he told her about his. After lunch, Emma spent the entire day stole glances to Lucas who was sitting right next to her. Time flew by quickly.

Emma is back at her apartment. Erica wasn't home yet, so she decided to order some Chinese food and went straight to the shower. After she ate her dinner she put on some clothes and make up for tonight. She had promised to go to a bar with Erica tonight. She was wearing a black spaghetti strap dress and a black strapy high heels. She had her hair straightened and she put a pearl pin to pin her side bangs aside.

At roughly 8 pm, Emma and Erica made it to the bar. It wasn't really crowded but there were a lot of people inside. Erica found an empty stools and quickly dragged Emma to it. They both ordered their drink and they looked around the bar. Someone caught Emma's attention. It was a guy with brown hair sitting at a few tables behind her. Somehow she found him familiar.

"Oh my gosh! That's Aaron!" Emma patted Erica shoulder and pointed at his direction with her finger.

"As in your friend since preschool day, Aaron?" Erica asked.

"Yes!" Emma replied.

"You mean the guy that having a huge crush on you since 10th grade?" Erica asked.

"Yes!" Emma repeated.

"Oh my gosh! Are you going to say hi?" Erica asked.

"No!" Emma said.

"Why not? I thought he's your friend." Erica asked in confusion.

"Well, he is. We went to a same school since forever. But he asked me out to a prom during our last year at high school and I kinda turned him down. We haven't really talk since." Emma explained.

"What happened?" Erica asked.

"So, it was during spring on 2020...."

Flashback, Spring 2020.

It was a chilly spring day. Emma was sitting alone at the library when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She lift her head slightly and found Aaron smiling at her.

"Uh, is this seat taken?" He asked nervously.

"Mmm.. No actually. You can sit there if you want to." Emma replied with a smile.

"T-thanks. I guess." Aaron said as he sat next to her and fix his hair nervously.

"It's okay." She smiled.

Then thirty minutes went by and both of them haven't spoken a word since.

Aaron cleared his throats and it caught Emma's attention, so she turned her head around to face him.