She held onto her mother, burying her face.

"I don't think she likes me much Daisy"

"It doesn't matter, she'll get used to you.  You got my shit?" Daisy dismissed his comment.

He chuckled.

"Some people don't deserve to be parents"

She flicked him off as she waited in anticipation for what she came here for.

"PEACHES" he exclaimed toward the door.

He threw a plastic bag toward Daisy. Within it were smaller bags of the crack rock. She clutched the bag as if it were precious to her as her daughter clutched her leg.

"What?" A woman appeared at the door.

"What the fuck are they doing here?" Peaches asked with her arms folded.

Rodrick never brought his business into their home. Never brought customers here, he left that to the streets. Therefore, he would have solitude at his home as well as if the feds were sniffing, they would never find anything in his home to implicate him or his precious peaches.

"Peach, say hello to your new daughter" he smiled at her.

"What the hell?" Peaches said.

That's right Daisy, the girl's mother sold her 8 year old daughter for crack rock.

~
17 years later

PRESENT DAY

"Hello"

"Hello"

"Are you fucking listening?" Natalie waved at her friend that was daydreaming.

Her friend adjusted in her seat just opposite of her and cleared her throat.

"I'm sorry girl, I was in my head again for a moment there"

Which is something she often does when she is triggered with thoughts of her mother.

"So are you going to do it or what?" Natalie asked again.

"Do what?"  Tayler sipped on her water.

"So you weren't listening? Look, I need you to come on this double date with me"

"A double date? Hell no, not going to happen. Next case please" she scowled and folded her arms.

"Aweee come on Tay please, this guy could be a complete psychopath" Natalie reasoned.

"Oh yeah, let me come with you so we both can get killed by him and his friend. Good job Nat, I should've thought of that" sarcasm oozed from her words.

"Pretty please" Natalie pleaded.

"No uh, you can beg. I don't care, remember the last time you hooked me up?"