Chapter 33

August 3rd

Clint sat anxiously in Jackie's room until he saw Lorna. When she opened the door to the private room, Jackie sat in a wheelchair, the baby in her arms. Clint was overwhelmed, he never thought he'd see this. 

He decided to remain quiet until Jackie got into bed and the baby was settled. "Hey Clint" Jackie sighed, sitting back into her deep pillows. Clint took her hand, leaning forward to talk to her. "Hey Jackie" he smiled. She weakly smiled as they took hands. 

She took the new baby girl into her arms and looked down onto her porcelain like face. "Jack would be so happy right now. You don't know how much I wish he was here" Jackie had tears in her eyes, ready to let them spill out. However she kept it together. 

"What will you call her?" Clint asked, before Jackie thought. "This name is quite bizarre but to honour her Irish heritage, I was thinking Ciara. Aparently, it's a popular Irish name" Jackie explained. Clint had never heard such a name. He didn't know how to pronounce it. 

"Clint it's prounounced 'kee-rah'" Jackie explained, slightly laughing as he tried to get his tongue around the name. She giggled slightly. 

Jackie hushed him before continuing. "I was thinking of naming her Ciara Bouvier Fitzgerald. Two middle names. Bouvier to honour her strong European heritage and Fitzgerald to.." Jackie began to choke up slightly. "And Fitzgerald, so there is a strong connection with her father. When he won't be here to see her".

Clint felt some small tears building up. He had never known a woman to do such a thing. At this point he realised that Jackie loved this child, more than anything.