Chapter 9

December 3rd

Truman Balcony

9pm

Jackie leaned on the railing smoking a cigarette. She heard a door shut behind her. She turned around to see Clint in the Yellow Oval Room,

"Clint" Jackie smiled, as she stubbed her cigarette into the ashtray that sat nearby. She ran to him and they embraced. She looked at his medal which he wore proudly. "Oh very handsome" Jackie joked, and Clint laughed. 

"Thank you ma'am" Clint laughed and Jackie grinned. "Oh, please join me outside". Clint agreed. Jackie at this point had put her coat back on and took a seat on one of the garden chairs that sat on the balcony. 

"I'm so glad for you" Jackie sighed, slightly smiling. Clint tried not to blush. "Thank you Mrs Kennedy" Clint thanked her before Jackie interrupted him. 

"Oh please call me 'Jackie'" she insisted. Clint nodded before letting her continue. "My life will difficult from now" Jackie's mood flipped upside down and she was now miserable. 

Clint nodded. "I understand". Jackie immediately shook her head. "Not because Jack is dead". 

Clint asked if it was to do with the children and Jackie said it was something along that route. "You see, when Jack was shot" Jackie started, sitting back in her chair. "I wasn't even a month pregnant" Jackie let out a tear. 

Clint was shocked. "You're pregnant?". Jackie nodded before beginning to cry. Clint got up and they embraced. Jackie stood up. "I just don't know" Jackie sobbed, leaning on the railing again. 

Clint looked at her. "Jackie" he hesitated. "Everything will be okay". 

She turned to look at him before, without thinking, they passionately kissed.