Volume 7 (The Greatest Kingdom)

Start from the beginning

Blake, who had been staring out of a window, looked over her shoulder and spoke to Weiss.

Blake: Uh, Weiss?

Weiss walked over and looked out the window and her eyes widened in surprise when she saw who was speaking on the screen.

Weiss: Huh?

Winter: A reminder. Failure to cooperate with Atlas military personnel is a punishable offense. If your sector is under lockdown...

Weiss: Winter?

Qrow: No offense, Weiss. I'm not sure that's a good idea anymore.

Weiss tensed her shoulders and turned to Qrow, fists clenched to defend her sister.

Weiss: There's obviously something very wrong. If we can just talk to her, then we--

Qrow: Look, I'm not even sure we should be talking to Ironwood until we know exactly what's going on with Mantle.

Arion: And we must be more carefully or we'll get another situation, like with Lionheart.

Weiss: But--

Maria: Everyone, calm down. *sigh* I know someone who can help with both.

Atlas Air Traffic: *angry* Manta 5-1, you are to make your--

Maria: *shutting off the radio, annoyed* Geez, lady, take a hint!

After Maria landed the Mantle, she cautiously exited an alley by slowly shuffling along with her cane and when she saw the coast is clear, she gave the sign by picking up her cane and walking normally, and everyone followed her. In the distance, a small group of Atlas soldiers ran down a street where Maria and the others came from to investigate the ship. The group began walking through Mantle together. Trucks drive past, and Atlesian Androids stood on various sidewalks. A small child placed a poster of a white-haired woman on a street lamp. 

Maria: Come on now, hurry! It shouldn't be much of a walk.

Jaune: Is this many soldiers normal?

Weiss: No. At least, I didn't think so.

Yang noticed a whirring sound and stops to take a look and saw a small drone hovering to her right. The camera part of the drone lifted up, focused on her. When Yang ignored it and kept walking. The drone quickly followed her, so she stopped again and looked at it in surprise and confusion. As she leaned in to take a closer look, the drone camera suddenly made berfore her face a bright flash, making Yang recoil. Yang kicked as response the drone away so the drone fell on the streets. When the drone was about to right itself up, it got struck by a car. Yang turns to see everyone else in the group staring at her. She awkwardly smiled and rubbed her head.

Yang: Ooh... Maybe we should pick up the pace.

Arion just shook his head in amusement and then everyone resumed walking.

Maria: You have to remember, the Kingdom had just lost the Great War. The people of Mantle needed a sign of a brighter future, and that sign was Atlas. After all, a home in the clouds is as bright as it gets.

They looked up at the City of Atlas, when they saw a pair of trucks drived by with miners, covered in mining dust, sitting in the beds. When the second truck drived by, Nora looked away disgusted. 

Nora: *crosses her arms and looks away* Unless you're the one having to look up at it.

Blake: This whole city, it just seems awful.

???: Yeah?

They looked at the direction where the voice came from and saw a drunken man stumble down the steps from a nearby porch and glared at Blake.