FOUR

original sister
four, magic is family bonding

original sisterfour, magic is family bonding

I think I've finally accepted that I'm here for good.

There was a part of me that hoped that this was all some dream, that one night I would fall asleep and wake up in my old body a thousand years in the future. But getting a second chance at life and being able to save my favourite fictional family is far better than going back to my old life.

I will miss Anna, my girlfriend in my last life, and I probably will until I can't remember her anymore. She was my best friend and partner for over ten years, there will always be a part of me that still loves her, I think.

It's hard being an adult and a child at the same time.I have memories of my whole last life, from being a kid until an adult, while also being a child again. My family knows I'm not an average child, I learned how to do everything faster than them and the other children in the village. I'm also far more protective of my family than a child should be.

Our family is closer than what it was in my last life. We all get along, with the exception of sibling fights but those are inevitable. There isn't any sibling rivalries or jealousy, though it is obvious Finn is still mother's favourite and I am father's. Other than that, our family is pretty normal with the exception of witchcraft and Niklaus.

Mikael isn't as bad as he was in the shows. He doesn't do anything extreme to Nik besides the occasional shout or shove. As much as I hate to admit it, he's not an awful father. Sure, he yells sometimes and orders for us, mainly my brothers, to do things, but this is a different time period than what I'm used to. He doesn't hit any of us or degrade us.

Esther isn't the best mother, but she tries. She cares for us, feeds us, teaches us. She does what most mothers do. She also teaches us magic, even me, Nik, Elijah and little Henrik, even though he can't do much yet. A while ago, I told myself that I would never practice magic because of the high chance I could lose it, but that changed. Mother convinced the three of us to start practicing, and I'm glad she did. Who knew magic would be so fun?

I'm not going to lie, It was many Kol and Finn that convinced me. Everyday I would hear one of them, sometimes both, talk about magic then ask me to start practicing too, insisting that it was never too late to learn. I started, then I convinced Nik who got Elijah in on it.

Magic is family bonding time now.

I stared at the fire in front of me, not paying attention to any of the conversations around me. We decided to have a bonfire tonight to celebrate nothing in particular, just to spend time together.

We wrote wishes and burned them, just like every other fire we have. Kol, of course, was the most excited for burning them. I like seeing my family happy knowing what will come in our future. Even though there is much I plan to change, some things are fixed points. If there's one thing Doctor Who taught me, it's that you can't change fixed points in time. It's nice, I suppose.

I rested my head in my hands as my family talked around me, watching as they talked and laughed.

They're my family. I will protect them until the day I truly die. Despite knowing his future, I will do my best to protect Henrik. I will protect Finn, Elijah, Niklaus and Kol. I will find Freya, I don't care how long it takes, I will find her and save her. I will not lose any of them.

━━━ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ━━━

"Bekah!"

Rebekah looked up from the grimoire, seeing Kol running towards her. "Yes, brother?"

"Come play!" Kol grabbed her hand, tugging her along to where the rest of their siblings were.

When Kol and Rebekah got there, Elijah and Niklaus were chasing Finn, so naturally, they joined in. Rebekah latched onto Finn's arm as did the others. Finn dropped to his knees, laughing as his siblings fell down with him.

Mikael's family were a quite happy family, considering everything. Now, instead of just Finn and Kol, everyone practiced magic. They still stayed in the caves every full moon, but they no longer feared the villagers when they turned into wolves every full moon. Because of a grimoire Ayana has supplied for the children to read, they understood how the werewolf curse worked. Esther had been terrified when they had started learning about the wolves and how they triggered the curse, and Rebekah didn't miss the way she looked at Niklaus.

Now, the siblings laid next to each other, staring at the sky which was quickly becoming dark. They had been doing this for years. They would meet each other outside, normally behind their home.

Rebekah had always laid down first, as she was always the first to arrive. Niklaus and Elijah would come next, always together. Kol would come after them, making his presence known. When he was in his spot, normally next to Elijah, he would stare at the sky and fall backwards. Finn would join them moments after, as he was the one who told their parents they would be outside. He would be on either end, though normally ended up next to Kol.

In the near future, Henrik will start to join them on these adventures.

And so the children of Esther laid in the grass, staring at the stars as they laid together, enjoying the peace.

━━━ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ━━━

As time went on, Tatia Petrova arrived in the village with her child. She captured the hearts of many of the boys in town, but men raised by Mikael were no fools.

Rebekah was ecstatic when she realized that her brothers weren't blinded by her beauty immediately. The day Tatia arrived, instead of gawking over her, they had politely introduced themselves before continuing with the task they had been assigned by their mother. Sure, they found Tatia attarative, but they had other priorities.

Rebekah had always known she would do anything for her family, even if it meant changing everything about the original timeline to save her brothers from a doppelganger. 

━━━ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ━━━
AUTHORS NOTE

hi, hi, hi. I haven't updated this since august, but here's chapter four! I've been writing this chapter since early august, I just didn't know what I wanted to have in this chapter. This is also a lot shorter than I wanted it to be, but at this point, I just wanted to get a chapter out. There probably won't be another update for this in november, but I'm going to do my best! I will go back and edit this chapter at a later date.

Let me know what you thought of this chapter, all feedback is appreciated! Please do not comment 'update' it adds unnecessary stress and makes me feel pressured to post chapters.

As always, I'm open to suggestions on what you guys want to see. You can send ideas through pms or in the comments!

 You can send ideas through pms or in the comments!