Kix turned, "Your arms both had such bad burns we had to do some skin grafts. The others weren't super bad, you'll be in pain though, sorry,"

"It's not your fault. Is Rex back yet?"

"No," Cody said, "He's running later than anticipated,"

"Typical," Ahsoka smirked.

"Anything I can get you?"

"No thanks, I'm just tired and feel a bit woozy. Ooh, and nauseous..." She furrowed her brow and put her hands to her stomach, trying to relieve it.

"Yeah," Kix said, "nausea is just the after affects from the drugs and stuff. You may feel sad too, just make sure if you do cry to think of something funny afterwards, okay?"

Ahsoka nodded, "Okay,"

"Good. Look, I need to go check up on some other patients, but I'll be back soon,"

She and Cody both nodded and Kix left the room. Cody watched as Ahsoka was trying to sit up, but her arms were still weak and she felt groggy, "Maybe you shouldn't be doing that," Cody said, "I have to go and do some paperwork, so could you please not kill yourself while I'm gone. Just don't do anything reckless,"

Ahsoka grunted as she laid back down, "Fine,"

"Thank you,"

——

Rex, Anakin, Mace, and the baby finally got to the cruiser. Anakin perfectly landed the ship in the large hangar and gently set it down. Rex stood up and gave the child to Anakin, and he went down the ramp. He saw Cody walking to them with his normal stern face, "How're things here?" Rex asked.

Cody dropped his expression, "Uhhh, well, it was... eventful."

Rex raised an eyebrow and was about to walk away when Cody stopped him, "It's Ahsoka,"

Rex's stomach tied in a knot, "What about her?"

"She fine, it's just there were assassin droids and she played the hero, and there was an explosion. She has some real bad burns, but nothing that won't heal,"

"Where is she?" Rex asked calmly.

"Med bay, room 42 I think," Rex took some breathes and then he suddenly bolted down the hangar towards the med bay, "No, Rex!" He shouted, but Rex was already gone, Cody wasn't totally surprised.

Anakin walked down the ramp with the baby, "Where's he rushing off to?"

Cody eyes got wide, "Oh, well-" then be furrowed his brow, "wait it that a-"

"Yes, yes it is,"

He was confused, "Um okay, well Rex is just heading off somewhere,"

Rex sprinted to the medical bay and started to walk when he heard people talking. He readjusted his helmet under his arm and regained his breath. He walked through the bay constantly saying to himself, "42, 42, 42, 42, 42, 42!"

He found Ahsoka's room and he entered it, gingerly pulling back the curtain, "Cyare?" He said softly.

He took a breath of relief when he said Ahsoka sitting up with a data pad in her hand, "Rex!" She said with a big smile.

He got to the side of the bed and pulled up a chair, "Are you alright?" He asked.

"I'll be fine. I died once, remember?"

"Yeah, how could I forget,"

He leaned forward and pressed a kiss to her cheek and winced when he saw the bandages on her arms and head. Ahsoka set the pad down and held Rex's hand, "How did it go for you? I see you got a knock to the head,"

"Hm? Oh yeah. Yeah it's quite a long story. But what matters is the the Chancellor is dead. He was the Sith Lord who caused all of this. Hopefully it'll be easier to end this war,"

"Wow. But there's still Dooku we need to deal with, and the clones,"

Rex nodded, "We'll worry about that later."

He slightly stood and leaned in to give her proper kiss on the lips, he wanted to do more, but he didn't want to brush against her burns and cause her pain. That would be the last thing he wanted to do. He sat back down and brought up her hand to his lips. He kissed her bruised knuckles, not looking in her eyes, for he was randomly nervous for some reason. Perhaps he was worried something worse might've happened.

Ahsoka gave Rex an affectionate look and stroked the side of his face with her other hand, "I'll be fine. You know that, right?" She said softly.

Rex nodded, "I know," Ahsoka started to squirm a little bit, "You sure you're fine,"

"Yeah I just need to use the bathroom, and Kix would be mad at me if I were to leave my bed, so I've just been holding it..."

Rex smirked and stood up and uncovered her sheet from her legs. Ahsoka put her arm on Rex shoulder and he put his arm under her knees. He carefully lifted her up bridal style and she smoothed out her medical gown. Kix had taken out all the tubes and machines she was hooked up to earlier, so she was glad she didn't have to carry around an IV or anything.

"Ready." She said with a smile.

Rex smiled back, "Hear anyone coming?"

"Nope,"

Ahsoka nuzzled into Rex's neck, making him smile wider. He careful walked out and looked both ways, crossing his fingers no one was coming, "You sure no one's here, I don't want Kix to find me taking you out of your room,"

Ahsoka giggled, "I'm positive, and Kix would beat your ass if he found he doing this,"

"Ayyye, you always tell me not to swear,"

"It's the drugs," she blamed.

"Uh-huh, sure," Rex chuckled.