one

Zara Sidereus has dark eyes that twinkle when she's around him, eyes that remind him of the stars.

 She has dark hair, and loose strands can be found everywhere; Once, he had made a joke that she shed as much as a Wookie, but she didn't seem to find it as funny as him.

Him meant Obi-Wan Kenobi. Her best friend, her other half. A man with a soft smile that always made Zara's heart flutter, that made her stomach do cartwheels.

 And her smile did the same to him. Everything about her did the same to him.

 She was so delicate, so fragile. Her voice, so soft and soothing, was the only thing Obi-Wan wanted to listen to for the rest of forever.

 His name was his favorite thing she said. "Obi-Wan..." So sweet, like she was talking about her most cherished possession.

 That's all he wanted to be. He wanted Zara to hold him in her hands, to tell everyone about him.

 But he knew that a Jedi couldn't feel this way about anyone, not even his best friend. He couldn't let his feelings about Zara affect his behavior; Attachment was, after all, the path to the Dark Side.

 So he tried his best to push it away. He tried his best to only focus on his training with Qui-Gon Jinn.

 But there she was, every single day, running to greet him in the morning and tell him about the wonderful dream she had the night before.

 She would tuck her hair behind her ears as she spoke, and it always did things to him. That should be his hand, not Zara's. It should be him.

 And just like that, he was lost again. Dreaming of delicately running his fingers through her hair, carefully brushing his fingertips across her cheek.

 From there, he would just stay there, appreciating her, breathing in her beauty like she was a painting that took a lifetime to make, and he was but a small admirer, in complete awe of all the small details that made Zara, Zara.

 Her lips, so pink, he could only imagine how soft they must be. Her hands, the perfect size for him to hold.

 But he couldn't do any of that. For one, he feared that even showing the slightest bit of affection towards her would turn him dark for sure. And for another, they had been apart for countless days by now.

 Zara had accompanied her Jedi Master, Elio Titan, on a mission, the details of which were to be kept a secret, so Obi-Wan had no idea where she was, or what she was doing.

 The date of her return was undecided, and waking up felt pointless if she wasn't there to wish him good luck in the day's activities.

 He found one of her long strands of hair on his robes one of the first days she had left, and it was the only thing that kept him motivated during his training that day.

 "Master Titan should be returning any day now," Qui-Gon had said nearly two weeks ago.

 Obi-Wan almost believed him, that is, until the young Padawan sat at breakfast how many days later, all alone, and without his best friend.

 Then finally, Master Titan did return from his mission, and Zara returned with him.

 Obi-Wan waited near the entrance to the Jedi Temple, eagerly waiting for the two to arrive. And when they did, Zara nearly ran into his arms.

 The hug was exactly what they had both been craving for the past few weeks. One of Obi-Wan's hands hovered over her waist, not daring to touch her there, and the other cradled the back of her head.

 Zara's arms wrapped around his waist, her fingers gripping his robes as she smiled into them, saying, "Oh, Obi-Wan, I've missed you."

 There she was again, saying his name like he was a souvenir from a much needed vacation.

 "I've missed you too," he mumbles, setting his chin on the top of her head, finally letting his hand touch her lower back.

 Zara doesn't ever want to let go. Just wants to stand here, at the entrance of the Temple, with Obi-Wan Kenobi holding her tight, his hands in her hair.

 He didn't want to let go either. Zara was the only one who ever hugged him like this; She was really the only one who ever hugged him ever. But even then, this was rare. He would need to memorize every small detail of this so he would never forget it.

 Inhaling deeply, he's absolutely smothered with the scent of a distant planet and the floral perfume of the girl in his arms.

 Eventually, one thing leads to another, and the two are forced to let go. "Let me help you with that," he smiles, gesturing to her bag.

 "It's just one," she explains, a smile creeping on her face as well.

 But Obi-Wan wasn't hearing it. He picked the bag up and walked her back to her bedroom.

 In the doorway, before she entered, Zara pulled him in for another hug. This hug was different from the last. She let her head rest on his shoulder instead of in his robes, and she could feel him smiling into her hair.

 With her arms wrapped around his neck, he practically lifted her into the air, the smell of caf that always seems to cling to Obi-Wan completely suffocating them both.

 When it broke, Zara's face felt hot. She said goodnight and quickly shut the door to her bedroom.

 "But it's lunch time," Obi-Wan mumbled before stuffing his hands in the pockets of his robes. He trudged off, wondering what he had done wrong as Zara sank to the floor of her bedroom.

 She knew a Jedi couldn't act like this, she knew a simple hug couldn't get her this worked up. How many years had her Master told her that attachment like this was the path to the Dark Side.

 How many years had she spent bottling up her emotions, hoping Obi-Wan couldn't sense them through the Force.

 It was his eyes that always broke her. Those eyes that always watched her carefully as she spoke and crinkled when he laughed.

 A shade of blue she had nicknamed "Kenobi Blue" when they were younglings as she'd never seen anything that blue before.