𝐮𝐧

Getting into The University of Versailles was a big deal for Tara Winfield. Sure, it wasn't the Harvard of art schools, but it meant something to her. If Tara got into the University, she would a, get to live with her brother who she hadn't hugged in years, and b, she would have a higher chance of getting a job relating to painting rather than photography.

Don't get her wrong, Tara loved photography but painting was a whole different world. With painting, you could express all your feelings through strokes, wordlessly. Also, something drew her to the university. Was it the name? No, the name was boring to her. Was it the idea of having to start over? God no- she was dreading having to start over. Was it the promise of adventure? The idea of getting to see nature bloom, smelling the aroma of new cultures dripping from the promise of a new culture?

Actually, yes. That was it. Tara was excited to see new pieces of culture, getting to meet new people. So when she saw the familiar stamp of a Swallow in her mailbox did she scream? You betcha, she did. To be exact she clutched the brown paper to her chest and twirled three times, her lucky number and skipped into her house. She stares at the brown package cautiously, knowing that the results could change her life.

"Aghhh!" She screams, pulling the ends of her brown hair, messy from not having any sleep. She tosses the package on the dining table, stomping upstairs to go finish her project for her high school art class.

This is how she's ended up in her current situation. Her parcel remains untouched, sitting on the table as she waits anxiously at the front door of her home, waiting for her saviors to show up.

A blue car of some sort-she didn't know the brand, pulls up to her driveway, blasting Selena. Two girls step out of it, one clutching a cactus and the other clutching a bag full of snacks. The one who's clutching a cactus sprints fully towards Tara, encasing the girl in a hug,

"Ohmygosh! You got your letter in the mail!" She gushes, making sure to keep the cactus a healthy amount from both of them. Tara keeps an eye on the cactus as she responds to the younger's explanation,

"It's not even set in stone Juni," Tara mutters trying to avoid getting pricked by the cactus in her best friend's hand. She shortly hears another shout coming from her other best friend,

"Oi, that's why I have all of this junk. If you get in, we celebrate. If you don't, well we still celebrate. Cause guess who got your ink on their body?" The Latina asks, raising her inked arms to show a new piece of art on them. The area site bright red from the needle. Tara's mouth drops as she runs over to look at the piece of art,

"Woah, Frida, this is really well done," Tara says, looking at the black and white swirling together to fade to grey. This gains a bright smile from Frida as she slaps Tara's back,

"It's only as good as the artist," Frida replies, Juni starting to butt in,

"Speaking of artists, don't we have an art application to open up?" She cuts in, getting an annoyed look from Frida and a forgetful look from Tara.

"That's true. Come in, guys!" Tara screams in her thick Australian accent. The girls shrug their heads, what did they have to lose?

Tara leads both of them, running her hands along the various walls that she had painted when she was younger, correction- with her mother. She stops in front of the table, waiting for the two slowpokes to come into her field of vision. Slowly, the two come in, setting their things on one of the tiny tables and coming closer to the nervous girl.

"Ready? Juni asks, lightly rubbing her hand down Tara's back in support. Tara bites her lip nervously, pulling her sweater sleeves even further down her arms.

I can do this. She thinks slowly letting her arms grasp around the parcel. She smoothly grabs the knife from the table, effortlessly flipping it open and releasing the seal from the letter.

"Tara, you are super slow, just let me do it!" A very excited Juni takes the letter off her hands, pulling the piece of cardstock out of the envelope. Tara just about feels her heart drop, they must have used cardstock to let her down easy.

Juni's eyes frantically scan over the document, nearly doubling in size as she gets to the end of it. Frida sighs, clearly impatient, leans over, and widens her eyes as well. All of this eye-widening causes Tara's eyes to widen as she swings back and forth,

"What happened?" She asks, craning her neck to get some type of look at the letter, be it positive or negative. Juni pushes the letter towards her,

"You got in." She breathes, her sparkling in happiness for her best friend.

"REALLY?" Tara snatches the paper off the table as she jumps up and down. She was going to go see her brother! Her hands shakily dial the phone number of her brother as the phone rings.

*

"Ring ring." Atlas Winfield's phone rings as his heartbeat out of his chest. His handgun was held to his chest, as shots ricochet from all around him.

"Atlas! Who's calling you right now? I thought that your phone was muted?" Someone harshly whispers at him. Atlas rolled his eyes, his work phone was turned off, but not his home phone. He reaches into his suit pocket and the name Piglet flashes on his phone, not showing any evidence of stopping.

"Turn it off." The same person whispers, getting a harsh response from Atlas,

"Sheesh Maurice, don't make this about me. You get calls from your grandma all the time during missions." The man, Maurice sighs, knowing her can't win against his best friend,

"At least she doesn't call during a drug bust gone wrong." He says, getting a pac man hand from Atlas.

Atlas quickly pulls out his personal phone and texts his sister that he would talk to her soon, sliding the phone back into his leather jacket. He tightens the piece of black bandana around his jean loop, sliding out of position of fear. He makes contact with his boss as he cocks the gun,

"Let's do the honors." Maurice smiles in response cocking his own gun, ready to finish this once and for all. Atlas flashes him one last glance before stepping out from the crate.

All eyes fall on him as his right-hand goes up, shooting all people sporting the blue bandana. His gun clicks, signaling that his ammo had run out, leaving him to fight with his fists. He clicks his tongue and rolls up his sleeves, getting in a fighting stance as people rush towards him.

The first- and last person comes towards him, running towards him Naruto style. Really? Where did you go for your track team? Atlas internally roasts the person as he grabs the person by the throat, banging his head against the metal material of the shack, causing the guy to fall unconscious.

When everyone falls unconscious, Maurice and he walk out of the shack, letting the police do the rest of the work. Maurice slides into his car, pulling his shades down and giving his best friend a wink,

"Now go call Piglet." He says, emphasizing Piglet, causing the man to blush and rub the back of his neck. A loud chuckle comes from Maurice as he speeds away, leaving Atlas to call the most important girl in his life.