-1.1-

"maybe even the smallest places mean something."

 ~jennifer niven

The morning of August 3rd 1992 was just like any other morning at The Burrow

The morning of August 3rd 1992 was just like any other morning at The Burrow. The Weasley twins were sat up in their beds, their ginger hair sticking out at various angles. Sunbeams peeked through the patchwork curtains as they rubbed last nights sleep from their eyes. They were barely awake until the shriek of their mother jolted them out of their drowsy state.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!"

The twins glanced at each other, amused. They already knew who would be on the receiving end of the scolding. Molly was a warm woman, making anyone and everyone feel welcome in her presence. However, her nature could change in a split second, and only the Weasley family knew the extent of her wrath.

After hearing Molly threatening Ron with bars across his windows, the twins could hear plates clattering, signaling the start of breakfast. They raced down the wooden steps in their matching dressing gowns, practically tumbling to the bottom.

"Mummy, have you seen my jumper?" Ginny asked as she ran into the kitchen, before stopping dead in her tracks. Ophelia peered round her stiffened sister to see what the fuss was about.

On one side of the dining table sat George and Fred, the older Weasley twins, staring at their little sister in a great deal of amusement. Opposite was her older brother Ron, looking slightly confused at the situation unfolding before him. Next to the younger redhead sat another boy. Ophelia studied the black haired visitors face for a moment, noticing the scar on his forehead being hidden by a round pair of glasses.

"Hello", the strange boy piped up.

Ginny began backing away from the table, stepping on her twin's foot in the process.

"Ouch! Gin watch what you're-" Ophelia stopped as her sister ran back up the stairs they had just come down, without a second glance. She smiled awkwardly at this unexpected visitor before following the path Ginny had just taken.

Once she'd reached their shared bedroom, Ophelia noticed the flustered look on her twin's face. Although the girls were twins, they definitely weren't identical. Unlike Fred and George, they were rarely mistaken for each other, and it was easy to see a difference between the two. Ginny's eyes were a bright brown like her fathers, contrasting Ophelia's grey ones. At only ten years old, Ginny was at least 3 inches taller than her (slightly) younger sibling, and her face was clear and pale. Ophelia's cheeks were littered with freckles, and her red hair was slightly curled compared to her sisters.

They had very different interests too. Ginny's side of the room was covered in quidditch memorabilia, with posters of the Holyhead Harpies spread across the room. She was surprisingly talented on a broom too, despite only recently receiving her Hogwarts letter. Then again she had plenty of time to practice while her brothers were away. The right side of the room, on the other hand, was full of books and photographs of magical creatures. Ophelia loved to learn about the wizarding world, especially creatures such as Werewolves and Vampires. Molly would sometimes grow concerned with the amount of information her youngest daughter was discovering, but couldn't help feeling proud of how smart her little girl was becoming.