-2.12-

'we gather stones, never knowing what they'll mean'- my tears ricochet

Spring at Hogwarts was almost as beautiful as it's winter, blossom decorating the trees as the frost melted away

Professor Lupin had been impressed with Ophelia's patronus, but she continued to join Harry for their lessons as a type of moral support. Besides, what else was she meant to do on a Monday evening?

Much to her excitement, Molly had approved of their summer trip to France, and so had Daisy's parents. All they needed to do now was wait for summer to begin- but it was a long way off yet. Her mum hadn't responded to her questions about their relation to the Stone family, though, but Ophelia presumed she just hadn't read that part. Molly Weasley was a worrier- the French holiday would've kept her up for days.

She shrugged it off, writing her another letter asking about her heritage- perhaps Molly didn't know who the Stones were either?

Ophelia had begun to think her mother had forgotten about her, it had been a week since she sent her second letter, but there was no word. That was until Ron approached her at dinner.

"I think Erol's on one again, I've got a letter for you," her brother handed her the envelope, her mum's handwriting on the front, "honestly, we've got to get a smarter owl."

Since the youngest Weasleys had started Hogwarts, Erol had been all over the place.

"Leave him alone, Ron," Ophelia rolled her eyes, "poor owl's got six of us to choose between, and it's not like he's taking them to Romania."

Ron folded his arms, contemplating. "To be honest, mum hasn't written to me in a while, maybe they have been sent to Charlie."

Ophelia got up from the table, nudging him playfully in the arm. "She probably doesn't want to find out what stupid situation you've found yourself in this time," she laughed as he began to frown, "after the car incident, I wouldn't be surprised if she disowned you."

Ron scoffed as his little sister began to saunter off. She turned to smirk over her shoulder, taking a deep breath.

"RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR!"

The boy resembled a beetroot as his friends at the Gryffindor table had already started laughing. Fred and George appeared next to their sister, a similar smirk growing across their faces as they put on a higher voice.

"I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED!" The three shrieked before cackling, high-fiving over their brother's embarrassment.

"Come on, it's been over a year, can't you just-"

"Forget about it?" Fred asked innocently.

"Nope." George grinned.

Ophelia shrugged.

"Never."

~~~

It was Friday, so Ravenclaw tower was nearly empty as Ophelia made her way in, opening the bookcase to head up to her dormitory. She still found it exciting that the doors to the rooms were hidden in the bookshelves- it was like an old mystery novel she'd once read.