-summer '94 (part one)-

'you take my hand and drag me head first, fearless'- fearless

"Have you got spare boots?" Molly Weasley was rushing around, throwing extra blankets and coats at Ophelia, who was desperately attempting to shove it all inside her small brown case

"Have you got spare boots?" Molly Weasley was rushing around, throwing extra blankets and coats at Ophelia, who was desperately attempting to shove it all inside her small brown case. "Got enough blankets?"

"Yes, Mum," the girl insisted, quietly removing the extra ten pairs of socks her mother had stuffed in last minute, "we're going for three days, I don't need anymore underwear."

Molly sighed gently, putting the next pair of socks back in their drawer. She cupped her daughters face, smiling as she ran her thumb over her scar.

"I know," she chuckled, shaking her head, "I just want to make sure you'll be alright."

Ophelia smiled back, whispering, "It's three days. I'll be fine mum, I promise."

She closed her suitcase, making a strained noise as she heaved it off of her bed, dragging it downstairs into the living room. Ginny was sitting cross-legged on the sofa, eating her toast and jam.

"Ginevra, you're getting crumbs all over the cushions," Molly tutted, brushing the seat. Ginny just rolled her eyes, making sure she made even more mess.

Charlie strode in from the kitchen, wiping some sort of food from his face. He'd come to stay for the summer this year, and offered to take Ophelia to the Wood House on his way to his friend's up north.

"Ready to go kiddo?" He beamed, his weather worn cheeks shining as he ruffled her hair, his hands rough and burned.

Ophelia nodded, letting her mum give her one last squeeze before turning to Ginny, who'd now put her plate on the sofa cushions and stood to give her sister a hug.

"Don't die without me." Ginny whispered, wrapping her arms around her sister's shoulders.

"It's a holiday, Gin," Ophelia laughed quietly, "what else am I going to do?"

The twins pulled apart, Ophelia sending her a small smirk as Ginny rolled her eyes. 

Charlie took a large handful of floo powder in one hand, grabbing onto his sister's hand with the other. She gave her mum one last reassuring grin before facing the fire place, closing her eyes.

"The Wood House." Charlie bellowed, throwing the powder down.

The familiar roaring began as Ophelia squeezed tightly onto Charlie as they spun. It was deafening, but she kept her eyes shut tight as her stomach whirled. They were spinning and spinning and spinning. The flames around them roared louder and louder until she felt cold stone beneath her feet, and Charlie pulled her out of the fireplace.

Elijah's living room was pretty, decorated with varying red and gold embellishments. His mother was sitting on their brown leather sofa, tea in hand.