2. Sorting Hat

While Cassie was still thinking of the inevitable sorting, Sirius exclaimed, "look we're almost there you can see the castle." All the little first years scurried to the window to get a look and it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. When the train finally lurched to a stop a voice spoke, "First years please leave all belongings on the train including trunks and pets." Everyone started filling their way out of the train and the group of five followed them.

When they got outside this big burly dude was yelling "fir't ye'r o'er, fir't ye'r o'er four to a boat please." Cassie went up to him and asked, "Hello, what's your name?"

"Rubeus Hagrid, games keeper of 'ogwarts what's yer name?" He asked her in return.

"I'm Cassiopeia Black," she answered with a big smile.

"Oh, a Black you say, best not to get into as much trouble as yer cousins," Hagrid said, with a wink.

"Don't worry I won't," she retorted. She knew that Bella caused trouble. Her mother said she's unladylike and had a hard time marrying her off. Well, not really, just hard to get Bella to actually attend the wedding. Everyone would jump at the opportunity to marry a Black. 

"We'll best be off now the boats are leaving soon," he sent her off.

"Thanks, Hagrid, I'll talk to you later," Cassie said while running towards the boats. When she gets there, she sees her brother and new friends have already gotten on a boat and left. She sighs before spotting Lily and Sev with a blonde girl in a boat. "Hey, can I sit here? My brother left without me," she asked them.

"Of course, Cassie," she says, as the girl gets in, "why would he leave you?"

"Oh, I was talking to Hagrid, he probably assumed I got into a boat already," the girl answered, unbothered, knowing her brother wouldn't purposely leave her. 

"Oh well don't mind him, we are going to have a great time," Lily promised, beeing too nice for her own good. "You remember Sev, and this is Marlene McKinnon," she said while pointing to both.

"Hello, I'm Cassie," she introduces, holding her hand out towards the blonde girl.

"As she said I'm Marlene, but you can call me Marley, Marls, or whatever," she spoke while shaking her hand. The boats started to move, and everyone looked around in wonder. The talking turn to hushed whispers until the castle came into view.

"Wow"

"Oh, my gods"

"This is incredible"

"Bloody hell"

"Awesome"

Thoughts of amazement could be heard throughout the first years who looked awestruck at the huge castle in front of them. Cassie thought it was one of the best things she had ever seen. It was so bright and beautiful.

~

The group headed inside the castle and up the stairs following Hagrid. While walking up the stairs Cassie spotted her brother and moved over to him, waving goodbye to Lily and the other two.

"Hey," she greeted him and their new friends.

"Oh hey, where were you?" He asked as his sister appeared next to him.

"Oh, I took a boat with Lily, Severus, and another girl," she answered, climbing up the stairs in time with him. Each painting that they passed either said hello or waved to welcome the new students to school.

"Ugh, snivellus," my brother groaned. She rolled her eyes at his childish behavior. She thought it was really rude considering they only met a few hours ago and all he said was that he thought Slytherin would be cool.