Chapter 15: Thanksgiving

Bailey's POV

I was standing in the bathroom, trying to get ready. Noah was on his way and would be here any minute, we were going to Justin's for Thanksgiving. Justin had insisted that we come over, so now I'm standing here listening to Cole Swindell and trying my hardest to do decent makeup.

"Oh fuck it." I snapped, wiping off the makeup, then decided third times the charm. I finally got it right, and the mascara wings. Or whatever it's called. As I was cleaning up and singing along to Goner by Mitchell Tenpenny, I started dancing in the bathroom.

"I'm like good lord, have mercy take me home. I don't stand a chance." I sang out loud, moving my hips. "The things she does, the way she moves her body" I sang along while cleaning up. Noah was standing in the doorway watching me.

"Oh. Hi." I giggled. 

"Hi." He laughs and kisses my forehead. "Nice moves." he smirks. 

"Thanks." I giggled. "Ready to go?"

"I don't know, you done with your song and dance? I don't wanna interrupt." Noah teases. 

"Yes. I'm done now." I rolled my eyes giggling. Noah's hand slipped into mine while he's driving with the windows down and listening to Thomas Rhett.

Noah was singing along and I was tapping my foot. He made funny faces and was still trying to be flirty.

"You make me wanna pull this truck to the side of the road, let me slide on over and hold you close." Noah smirks at me. I knew what he was getting at, and for some strange reason I wanted him to stop driving and have his way with me right there in the back seat of his truck. I figured that would be for another time, so I leaned back and looked out the window, still holding Noah's hand in mine. Noah pulled up in Justin's driveway and came around to my side, opening the door and holding out his hand. I hopped down from the truck, and walked side by side with Noah into Justin's house. Harper came running up to me, her little bare feet hitting the wood floors.

"Bailey!" She hugs me and squeals, with a couple of her cousins hugging me too, even though they had no idea who the hell I was. 

"Hi." I smiled. Noah takes my hand after they all went off towards the dog. I found Justin and Ashley in the kitchen.

"A little early to be drinkin' aint it pops?" I smirked at Justin who set down the beer.

"You never did drink on your birthday did you?" Noah looks at me.

"just a sip of beer. Nothin fancy. Got a little distracted and completely forgot." I looked at Noah. He winks at me and grabs two beers from the fridge. He opened one and handed it to me, then opened the second one.

"Some time we'll have to take you out drinkin. What about Hallie?"

"Oh, she went back home with Zach." I nodded. 

"So you've had to deal with Noah? And your parents?" Justin says wide eyed.

"Yep." I said, taking a small drink. We hung out for a while, I watched as Harper and her cousins were walking around like VIP's. It was pretty funny to watch them get all sassy. Harper had on my hat and stood up on the chair.