Chapter 10: Fill in driver

Bailey's POV
I woke up around noon and Noah was still sleeping. I declined Connors call and shut off my phone, hoping I didn't wake up Noah. I quickly got ready and tip toed over to Noah, who now had his head buried into my pillow and his arm around it, almost like he missed me laying there with him. I shook his shoulder a little.

"I'll be back soon." I said, kissing his forehead. I heard him make a small noise so he made sure I heard him. I shut my bedroom door and tip toed down the hallway and into the living room, putting on my boots and went down to my Malibu. I drove to KBM and walked right into the same room every meeting is in.

"Hi Bailey." Kyle smiles. I smiled and noticed that Christian, Zane, and Chandler were in there. I hadn't talked to them in months. It felt awkward.

I sat down next to Kyle. "We have a guest person coming in." The door opened and there was Dale Earnhardt Jr. My jaw had dropped, but when I looked at everyone else they had apparently seen him before.

"You must be Bailey Gavin." He smiles.

"I'm sorry, but I gotta Fan girl for a second." I laughed, making him laugh.

"Why don't you tell the team why you're here."

"She's not apart of the team." Chandler growls. I rolled my eyes and looked at Dale.

"I need someone to fill in for the number 8." He didn't even get to finish the explanation before the boys were jumpin the gun. I was excited, of course I wanted to show off what I could do. "Jeb isn't geelin the greatest, so I was hoping that the driver I've chosen could take over for that car this weekend at Talladega. I mean, I know were gonna have to squeeze in practice and qualifying on the same day as the race."

The boys were all jumpin the gun. Noah came running in, out of breath.

"Dale!" Noah came running into the room, clearly out of breath. "You really shouldn't do this." He says.

"Not now, Noah. This driver could use the experience." Dale looks at me. "How would you like to drive the 8?"

"Um, can I talk to your driver for a minute?"

"Take all the time you need." He smiles. I grabbed Noah by the collar and led him outside of the room and outside.

"What the hell, Noah?" I growled.

"Its Talladega."

"Okay and? I'm gonna need the experience when I move up into Xfinity."

"I really don't think you should do this."

"Why? You feel threatened by me?" I smirked. I knew that was the only way I could get him to let me do this. Even though it was my choice and I would have done it anyway.

"Alright. Fine. You wanna race? I'll race you like I've raced no one else." He threatens playfully.

"Great. So I'll see you what? Saturday?" I smirked.

"Its really hot when you get all competitive." Noah says as he pulls my body closer to his.

"Really?" I looked up at him like he was crazy.

"Mhm." He says, going in for a kiss.

"So I take it that you're racing this weekend?" Dale says from behind me. I turned around and smiled.

"Yup."

"Great. I'll see you at 3 on Saturday. Also, Kyle says he wants to talk to you." Dale points towards the door.

"Thanks Dale. I can't tell you how much this means to me." I smiled.

"Anything for my favorite Rookie." He smiles and heads towards his car.