Part 2: Predator And Prey

"Don't be so pouty, I'll count that whole store massacre as one point, now you at least have a chance to catch up." Kai smiled at her, chowing down on his pork rinds as they walked through the dark. They didn't have to worry about anyone finding them because Kai had a constant cloaking spell over them. Sadly for Elena this meant no way of escaping, with any help. So she was left on her own, to find an escape.

"I'm not playing your game," Elena hissed, crossing her arms as she walked a few steps in front of him.

Kai stopped in his tracks and waited for Elena to slow down and realize he wasn't following.

"What?" Elena turned around, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.

Kai flicked his wrist, snapping Elena's neck and she fell to the ground. "Much better."

He lifted her up over his shoulder and started walking, to a place he knew no one would find them.

**********

"Wha..." Elena trailed off as she slowly woke up on a pile of hay. She blinked the a few times feeling a major headache. Looking around she saw hay scattered across the wooden floors, red walls and a few rusty tools in the corner.

She got up quickly, looking around for Kai when she saw a knife among the pile of tools. She wouldn't be able to get close enough to snap his neck or drain him dry, but she could throw a knife easily. She slipped it into her boot just as the barn door started to open.

"Morning, sleepy head," Kai smiled cheerily, walking in carrying a tray of freshly cooked pancakes and a glass of orange juice.

"Where are we?" Elena knew there weren't abandoned barns just lying around Mystic Falls, so they had to be somewhere else.

"Isn't it obvious?" Kai looked around with a confused expression. "Red walls, hay, animal stench. We're in a barn. Anyways I made you breakfast, I figured you must be hungry since I deprived you of blood for the last...three? Yeah, the last three days while I practiced my magic. Hey, watch this."

Kai held his hands in the air and closed his eyes, trying to focus. Elena tried to get over the momentary shock that she had been knocked out for three day, which would explain the headache she had. She reached down into her boot slowly, before ripping out the knife and hitting Kai in the stomach.

He grabbed his stomach and blood started to spill from his mouth. He fell to his knees and Elena ran towards the door.

She pulled open the large door and rushed outside, starting to burn immediately. She started screaming and continued to run towards a house as fast as she could, afraid that Kai wasn't permanently dead. Almost tripping over the step as she ran inside the small white house, Elena started to hit her still burning skin. The fire started to die down but her clothes we all tattered.

"Keys, keys, where are the keys!" Elena started shouting, digging trough the house, ignoring the immense pain throughout her body.

"Looking for these?" Kai asked, jingling the keys as he leaned against the doorframe with a humorous smile on his face. "That illusion spell is almost too easy. Sucks for that lady, though."

"Kai, why do you still need me? Your magic is under control, just let me leave!" Elena lost her patience and her eyes started to water in annoyance.

"Watch this," Kai closed his eyes and started muttering a few lines in Latin. Suddenly Elena's burns were entirely gone and her headache was gone. "I learned that on the second try. The first time I kinda set you on fire."

"Wha... Why?" Elena was confused as to why he learned a spell that would heal her, considering all he's wanted to do since they met was torture her.

"Well it wasn't on purpose, when I tried the first spell, I must have said a few words wrong and then suddenly you just started burning. I had to get you new clothes and everything." Kai rolled his eyes at the inconvenience she presented.

"You what?" Elena's eyes were practically bulging out of her head as she looked down and noticed she was wearing a pair of leggings and a new shirt that said 'crazy pants'.

"I got you new clothes. It actually took forever to find that shirt, but I figured it was kind of our thing and you would genuinely appreciate it." Kai looked down at her shirt, seeing all the rips and burns in it. "I guess not."

"Sorry, it sort of burned when I was escaping a murderous sociopath." Elena smiled humorlessly, leaning back against the wall and crossing her arms.

"One might think you have a fetish for burning shirts." Kai started digging in the cupboards pulling out a coffee mug.

"Whatever, I'm going to change," Elena deadpanned, walking up the stairs to find something that would cover her stomach. Her pants hadn't been burned as badly but her shirt wasn't really covering her that well.

She found room with a king sized bed and a dresser in the corner. She rushed over and started digging into it, finding only plaid long sleeved shirts. She pulled out a red one and laid it out on the bed. She pulled her shirt up over her head and examined her body in the mirror, it was amazing how quickly she healed. Four days without blood and severe burns, without Kai it would have taken much longer to heal

"Nice bra." Kai leaned against the door with a smile playing on his lips. He took a sip out of his mug as he watched Elena.

"Kai!" Elena jumped back, covering herself with the shirt. Her eyes widened as she turned around and pulled the shirt on fully, holding it shut, unable to button it without revealing herself more.

"What?" He asked innocently, walking towards the nightstand and looking over a pile of mail and a photograph.

"I was getting changed," Elena replied in a 'duh' tone, wondering what he was thinking. He acted as if it weren't a big deal at all that he just seen her half naked.

"Then you should have locked it," Kai replied, picking up a letter and opening it.

"Whatever," Elena dropped it, looking at the dresser seeing a picture frame. Inside of the frame was a picture of a man in an expensive looking tux and women dressed in a beautiful white gown. It was their wedding.

"You don't feel bad at all?" Elena frowned looking at another photo as she tried to contain her tears. They were a happy couple and Kai had just killed them.

"Stop, we went over this before. I like myself. I don't need you to redeem me or try to find the source of my problems. I don't need fixing." Kai set down the letter and stepped closer to Elena.

"Why didn't you kill me?" Elena asked the question that had been eating her away since he kidnapped her for the second time.

"I needed someone to practice on, and I'm no expert, but from what I've witnessed vampires are pretty durable."

"No, that's not it. You had control over your magic the first time you kidnapped me. You practiced your magic the entire day and when Damon got there you had it under control. So why would you kidnap me again." Elena was leaning closer, without realizing it as she stared into his eyes, looking desperately for an answer.

"Maybe it was..." Kai started to lean closer, as he whispered into her ear, "that I wanted the satisfaction of seeing Damon's face as I kill you. Ripping you apart limb from limb, right in front of him."

Kai pulled back, smiling wickedly as he walked out of the room, watching her the entire time.

A predator with his prey.

A/N: Early Update! I was really inspired with this story and all of your comments and votes that I updated early. It will normally take me longer to update, but I wanted to get this part out there.

Love you all and if there are any mistakes please point them out.

Love You All!(;
~Bella