CHAPTER SEVEN ;;

CHAPTER SEVEN ; BLOSSOM THY FLOWERS

Redemption.

A huge weight that only those who seek can bear them. Seizing the past mistakes and accepting the future with consequences attached is something so burdening to carry. Hoping is a dangerous thing, she knows that.

She knows how hope could drive her insane. It is a double-edged sword that could kill her any minute, seconds, or days.

But that is the only thing Kanae could do.

Hold on to those who stayed. Let go of those mistakes. Accept the repercussion. Forgive yourself.

It's not easy. Every day holds a new beginning for her and her younger sister, but, what more could she do? She had been given a piece of advice not to wallow herself in self-pity. She wants to redeem herself by joining the Corps, the only and one way to find her own redemption.

Kanae hated how the crimson-haired female handled the things that were supposed to be a secret, however, she only spat the truth and reality. She was naive. Trying to believe that a harmonious connection between her and her human-turned-to-demon friend could overcome the situation.

She remembered how she pleaded with her mother to step down from her position in the organization after she found out what Kanae was hiding. She recalls how a slayer will perform seppuku if they violated the rules, and it was the only thing the older sibling could plead. To let go of her mother's position as a Hashira to be an exemption to the rule.

She did such a thing, and despite her parents' warning, she refuses to listen. Tuning out the echoes of cautionary advice. She believed what her friend had promised to her, that it will not devour any humans.

But promises were meant to be broken and everything leads to this moment.

Sitting on the bed as she folds the blanket that once gave comfort to a slayer who was confined in the Butterfly Estate after an injury that was caused by a demon. The light shone through the window where she is sitting, the sky that said its greetings towards its spectators, and the fluttering and chirping of the birds that flock around the estate along with the butterflies created a comforting scene within the area.

"--san! Nee-san!" shouts from Shinobu, who witnessed her spacing out made her go back from her consciousness.

Kanae blinks, "Ah," she exclaims, "yes, Shinobu? Is there something wrong?"

The latter pouted at her older sibling, realizing that she wasn't even listening to her ranting about a certain female slayer who humiliated her sister in front of their savior and another man, "You're not even listening!" Shinobu whines.

She giggles in response, "Is it about [Last Name]-san again?"

The short-haired female groans after hearing her sister mentioning the said person whom she's having a dislikable feeling. "Don't mention her name, Onee-san! I still can't forgive her what she had done to you and not to mention, she hasn't even apologized to you yet!"