CHAPTER FOUR ;;

CHAPTER FOUR ; THE CLASHING SOUND OF RULES AND FREEDOM

"It saddens me to inform you that the Flower Hashira has decided to step down from her position. She will no longer serve this organization due to her husband being ill. We appreciate all of her efforts and the service she had done to us. May she be blessed by the heavens."

The announcement of Oyakata-same regarding the resignation of one of the vigorous members of the Hashira disheartens Himejima Gyomei, the Stone Hashira for he was a close friend of the said woman.

He could remember how she was gentle and also assures Gyomei that the people within the organization can be trusted during the times he was having a strenuous time after the incident that happened one year ago, in the temple.

A year had gone, and Himejima slowly but surely felt at ease with his newfound hope and family. He was indeed happy and satisfied with all the things he has done in less than a year or so. To protect innocent lives and help the weak, he felt the pumping of his blood igniting as he obtains solace within the corps.

"Namu Amida Butsu," he whispered to himself as drops of tears came rushing down his face.

"Pardon me, Oyakata-sama," Himejima straightens up his stand once he heard one of the Pillars asking for permission to speak.

Finding the source of the voice that was not far away from him, he looks in the direction. The man who pardoned himself from the head of the organization clicks his tongue in irritation when he scans the area, looking for someone who was not there.

"It seems as though the Hashira with a crimson hair is not likely to appear any second of this meeting."

That perked up the interest of everyone who was in the vicinity and closed to the area. They've come to the conclusion that every meeting, the said Hashira is nowhere to be seen nor to attend, thus, making her absent from the annual assembly of the higher-ups. Himejima could only agree with the commentator, knowing that he only once saw the female slayer after he became a Hashira and never to be spot again.

Someone from his left side clears his throat, "I would like to agree with the other pillar, it seems that we never see her in action nor a joint mission. Why is that, Oyakata-sama?"

Himejima blinks, "You dare to question, Oyakata-sama?" his booming voice startled everyone who kneeled before their leader. The way they disrespect Ubayashiki Kagaya in his own household does not sit well with him.

"If you want to question her presence, why not ask her? As an hashira, I believe you have the capability of doing so." another one voices out, and chatters among the fellow Hashiras started, not even letting the 97th leader comment.

One raises his eyebrows, "How could we possibly do that if none of us have interacted with her nor even had a glimpse of her? She's always missing whenever we have a gathering. With that, we reject the notion of asking her." he exclaimed as if he was spouting a mere-fact to everyone in the estate.