CHAPTER TWELVE ;;

CHAPTER TWELVE ;; CHAGRIN

Light footsteps galloped along the pavement with a grin plastered on [Name]'s face as she goes on her way towards the Ubuyashiki Estate. She's not going to lie; excitement is the only feeling she could explain after hearing those words from her hawks. Not even getting an ounce of guilt after she left her workmates without even saying a single goodbye.

Well, to her, this was more important. It would disappoint her if they wouldn't get any idea about the sudden interference of her bird. [Name] could tell that the younger Shinobu would be delighted by the idea of her sudden disappearance.

Shaking her head, [Name] bits her lower lips. A tingling ecstasy booming in her chest as the estate came into her view. Not wasting any more time, she dashes forward the territory; not giving a single greeting towards the kakushis who welcomed her appearance.

She held her head high, her lips forming into a thin line as she dominantly strides towards the familiar shoji door.

Once the door slides, the woman of the household greeted her.

"We were waiting for you, [Last name]-san." Amane declared, meeting the magenta orbs of hers.

The female slayer bowed slightly, "I came as fast as I could." eyes on the floor.

"Well then, he is waiting," she said, moving aside for the slayer to go in. Once the girl settled in front of her husband, Amane left them alone with a heart-wrenching feeling settling in her stomach, as hers and her lover's eyes meet halfway before shutting the door.

Leaving the two people alone.

The once silence filled air turned into a stare down; with one person smiling uncomfortably and another eager to know his answer.

"It's nice to finally see you again, my lord." she greeted in a sing-a-song voice, making the male shudder at her tone. Her knees bent on the floor as her body lowered, giving him a respectful greeting that he truly deserves.

Kagaya has a lot of patience, he truly does. He is a man who showcases kindness towards his people, no matter what. But this, this was different. With the crimson-red-haired female stood before him, he felt his fingers twitches above his lap.

"Have you already found your answer?" the tone of her voice was full of giddiness, eager to obtain the answer she has been waiting for her. Shoulder slightly leaned towards Ubayashiki, with her eyes reflecting impatience.

The master of the household took a deep breath before releasing a sigh, "[Last Name] [Name]."

She hums.

"I decline the offer."

"Great, when can I sta—excuse me?" [Name] blinks. Unable to process the answer that has been said to her.