"Thanks Nana." Xavia took the plate from her, eyeing the food hungrily.

"You're welcome sweet pea. Don't forget to say grace."

Xavia nodded, going over to the refrigerator and grabbing a Snapple. She balanced the two items in her hands carefully as she walked back to her room.

Xavia sat down on her bed, placing the drink next to her on the nightstand. She said a quick prayer to bless her food, before getting a large fork full of fish. She blew on it to cool it down a bit, before putting it in her mouth.

As she began eating, she did a little jiggy dance. Xavia was starting not to care about people calling her fat or big, she liked to eat and that was the end of the story. Food made her happy.

Xavi turned on her 42" smart tv and clicked on Netflix. She resumed episode three of the original series, Grand Army.

Her eyes traveled over to her phone as it buzzed multiple times, indicating that she was getting a FaceTime call. Of course, it was nobody other than Arnecia.

"He-"

"Girl guess what!" Niecey exclaimed, cutting Xavi off abruptly.

"What ever happened to hello? how are you? my name is?" Xavia said, quoting the popular TikTok sound.

"My bad Xavi, but girl tell me why Malachi asked to come over and chill this weekend."

Xavia rolled her eyes. Malachi Marshall was literally the biggest fuckboy in the whole damn school. He also happened to be Arnecia's on and off boyfriend of two years. Xavia didn't particularly care for him, considering the fact that he had been caught fooling around with multiple girls on multiple occasions. Niecey always chose to take him back after everything he had put her through, which is what Xavi didn't understand.

"Unt unt-" Xavia shook her head "Don't get sucked back in Arnecia. You know good and well chilling is going to turn into y'all having sex."

Niecey sighed, "You're right. I haven't got any dick in so long though." She whined, poking her lip out in a pouting manner.

"You'll live. If you made it through the summer without getting any, you can go longer. Plus, I thought you said you were done with Malachi?" Xavi raised an eyebrow.

Arnecia sucked her teeth. "You in my business? Don't do that." She flipped her hair over her shoulder. "Nah I'm just playing. But, I don't know
it's like every time I say I'm done with him, he convinces me to give him another chance and claims that he's a changed person."

Xavia turned her lip up. "Chile, that sounds like pure bullshit to me. Malachi couldn't stop being a hoe even if he tried. I don't see why you waste your time on some varsity basketball player who sticks his dick in anything with a coochie. Arnecia, you can do so much better. Just because he's cute and has tattoos doesn't mean anything. His personality is trash and so are his grades."

Niecey straigh faced her, "I don't like you right now."

Xavi shrugged, eating some of her salad. Sometimes the truth might not have been what someone wanted to hear, but needed to hear. Arnecia knew what her cousin was saying was the God honest truth.

"Anyways.." Arnecia trailed off, "Where Nana at?"

"In her room eating."

"She cooked?"

Xavia nodded, "Of course."

Their grandmother loved to cook. It was rare that Xavia ate fast food because Rose was always whipping something up in the kitchen. Even though she was getting up in age, she still pushed herself to cook pretty much every day. When Xavi had clients, Rose would make them to-go plates to take with them once they left. That was one of the main reasons certain clients would come back. They knew that once they finished getting their hair done, Rose would have a plate fixed for them.

"What she made?"

"Fried catfish and salad." Xavia said, mouth full of food.

"Lucky you. Meanwhile, my ass is over here eating Vienna sausages covered in mustard."

Xavia gagged, holding the phone away from her for a few seconds, before bringing it back closer to her face. "Arnecia..that's literally so nasty. I'm calling child services on uncle Garrett & auntie Luna."

Niecy laughed. "Girl, it's actually good. I'm just in the mood for some actual food. But, thankfully my daddy is cooking right now."

Xavia shook her head, "You a different breed. I refuse to eat those disgusting ass mini dicks."

"Stop calling them that!" Arnecia laughed some more, taking a bite out of one. She licked some mustard off of her finger, then wiped her hand on a napkin.

"That's what they look like, small pink dicks." Xavia belched, sitting her plate next to her.

"You need to stop knocking stuff before you try it. Next time, I think I might drizzle a little hot sau- oh hold up, Malachi calling me." Niecy abruptly hung up, leaving Xavi staring at the screen in confusion.

She rolled her eyes, placing her phone back on the charger. She grabbed her empty plate and empty bottle and headed towards the kitchen.

Xavia pressed down on the foot pedal on the trash can so that it could open. She tossed her trash inside, then went over to the kitchen sink to wash her hands.

Once she washed them thoroughly, she dried them with an old rag that was sitting on the counter, then headed back to her room.

Xavi looked at the clock on her wall, seeing that it was only 5:15. She knew that if she took a nap, she would only sleep for a few hours, then wake up and be up for the rest of the night.

"I at least need to push myself to stay up until 8:00." She mumbled, pulling back the blanket on her bed. She got underneath it, laying on her left side. Xavia grabbed her phone and AirPods, placing them in her ears. She figured she'd just watch YouTube videos to occupy her time.

Opening the YouTube app, she went up to the search bar and started typing. Xavi searched up GOTDAMN ZO, and got excited when she saw that he had posted a new Messy Monday segment.

She turned her volume up, and adjusted the way she was laying so that her body was more comfortable.

As Xavi watched, she could feel her eyes getting heavy. About fifteen minutes into the video, she was dozing off.

Her phone slipped out of her hand, landing next to her on the pillow as she finally began to fall asleep.

Staying up until eight was definitely out of the question now.

TBC...
_______________________

I hope all is well. I missed you guys!

Excuse any mistakes.