LI.

Chapter Fifty One.

March.

"What we doing for spring break, bae?" Zee questioned as he sat in between Xavia's legs while she retwisted his hair.

"Hm, I don't know. I didn't really plan on doing anything. Why, you have something in mind?" She asked, sectioning his hair and clipping it up.

"We should take a road trip or something." He shrugged, biting his pop tart.

"That would be fun. Nowhere too far, though. You know I don't like super long car rides."

"Yeah, that's why I was thinking we could go to this little resort I found. It's only 55 minutes away, so basically an hour."

"Ouuu, a resort? That sounds like fun! When are we going?" Xavi questioned, rotating the loc between her fingers.

"This Saturday?"

"That's fine with me."

"Bet, I'll come get you around ten in the morning. It's a three day, two night stay. Food and drinks are covered."

"I see you had all of this planned out." Xavi laughed, taking a metal duck clip and pinning the loc in place.

"Maybe." Zealand smirked, finishing off his pop tart before wiping his hands on his joggers.

"Aht- really Zee? That is so trifling. There's a napkin right there."

"My pants were more convenient." He shrugged, mouth full as he talked.

Xavia shook her head and continued what she was doing. Having a boyfriend was like having a grown ass son.

Once she was done with his hair, she sat him under her hooded dryer to let his retwist set in place.

"How is Harm liking dance class?"

"She said it's straight. She likes it." Zee responded, now eating a bag of flaming hot Funyuns. For him to be slim, he could eat.

"Aw, that's good. Is her teacher nice?"

"Mhm." Zee simply nodded, scrolling on his phone. He hadn't told her that Harmony's teacher was Hailey's sister. He didn't plan on it, either. It wasn't a secret. He just didn't think it was necessary or relevant enough to bring up.

"I wish my parents would have put me in some type of sport or physical activity when I was growing up. Then maybe I wouldn't be this big." Xavia laughed it off, but Zealand didn't find it funny at all. He hated when his girlfriend made comments like that.

"Don't do that." He warned.

"What? I'm serious." She shrugged.

"You ain't big at all. You're thick, there's a difference. Regardless of that, you still bad as hell. There's nothing wrong with your size."

"Zee, I am big. I'm pushing 200."

"Man, so what? Do you know how many girls wished that they looked like you? I've seen girls three times your size and I'm talking about right at our school. Plus, you can't even tell that you're pushing 200. You carry it extremely well."

"You think so?" Xavia asked quietly. Though she was working day by day to build up her self love and confidence, she still had moments where she felt insecure. Often, she'd question if Zealand actually wanted to be with her or not due to her being on the chubbier side.

"Of course, bae. You know I think you're beautiful."

He told her. Truth be told, Zee had always been into thicker girls. It started back in middle school when a new girl joined the class. Everybody teased her because she was chubby, meanwhile Zealand thought she was the prettiest girl in the whole school. He was always too shy to talk to her, though.