29. your eyes tell

Start from the beginning

Then on cue, everything around me changed and I no longer saw Jinmi and Joon.

"Haru, stay away from Lady Eun if you don't want her to get hurt," I spoke up once the court ladies closed the door behind me.

My adopted brother stared at me and tried his best to hide his hurt expression but I could tell that he was in pain. 

I took a deep breath and continued on, "As the Queen and your sister, please listen to me. If you don't stop yourself now, then think about the consequences that could happen once the Second Prince finds out about you and Danoh-"

"And what about you, Seol?" Haru cuts me off, startling me.

"What about me, brother?" I asked while clenching my hands on my sides.

Then he replied back, "I know that you still have feelings for Prince Kyung."

I gave him a disappointed look and said, "Everyone in the Palace knows, Haru... Why do you think I always stay in my chambers? Even after marrying the Crown Prince and becoming Queen... It doesn't give me the power to choose what I want because I've been tied down. But you, my dear brother, you still have a choice here. So please listen to me. I've lost my older brother and father, and I do not know what I will do if I lose you too."

Haru walked over to the front of my table and kneeled down. Then he gave me a sad smile and said, "I love you, Ra. But I love her, too. You would have done the same thing if it was for Prince Kyung."

And he's right.

I would have done the same thing for the Second Prince.

My vision came back and I was once again in the school's kitchen. The aching pain in my head disappeared but the pain in my heart continued to linger as I looked at Jinmi and Joon.

"What did you remember, Seol?" Joon asked and right after that tears started to fall down my cheeks.

Then I spoke up, "Jinmi... You're right about the bad memories. They hurt."

"Whatever you remembered it's in the past now," Jinmi said in a soft voice.

I shook my head and whispered, "That past... It's happening all over again..."

But Jinmichae didn't hear me.

Was that the reason why I felt angry towards Danoh and Haru earlier? Because of what had happened back in Trumpet Creeper?